I got serious about photography in February 2013. I received an award at work and put the money towards my pride-and-joy (well, apart from my puppy and my car!). I always find it interesting to learn what gear people use, so I thought I would post my list:
- Olympus OMD EM5 micro four thirds camera – I love this camera. It’s small and light, which means it goes with me wherever I go. The image quality is great and it does a wonderful job of capturing colour.
- M. Zuiko 17mm f/1.8 prime lens – this is almost permanently attached to my camera. It’s small, can shoot wide open and produces pretty nice images. It’s a 35mm equivalent if you’re talking full-frame cameras. It’s been my go-to lens.
- M. Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 prime lens – wow, what a beautiful lens. It’s my newest addition and it’s stunning. It might become my go-to lens.
- M. Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro prime lens – what a superb lens. It doesn’t see as much action because unless I’m doing macro, I have to get a long way from my subject. However, for portraits, it is exquisite.
- M. Zuiko 14-42mm zoom (kit) lens. This lens is pretty good, but not the quality of my 2 prime lenses.
- M. Zuiko 40-150mm zoom (kit) lens. Not as good as the primes, but still good for zoom.
- Hot shoe kit flash – I don’t use this very often either, but I do know that I need to learn more about shooting with flash!
- Of course, I would be LOST without my iPhone 6 and my iPhone 5s (work phone) which are almost always with me. I took the header image on this page with my old 4s.
I don’t carry the zoom lenses as a rule, unless I think I will need them. I find that I can cover most things with my 3 primes, and they are lovely.