Every week we give a new prompt, and participants go wild, using all their creativity, and producing fabulous covers far better than the original ones used by publishers.
Welcome to last week’s Wrap up and to the new challenge.
Last week, Lucile again chose a book by a fellow blogger, Patti from Pilot Fish and her book The Incident at Montebello.
Our talented group of designers came up with these marvellous covers below. If I have missed you out, I sincerely apologise. I took these which were tagged with #photorehabcovermakeover or had a pingback to Lucile’s original post.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the participants of each challenge – you guys do an amazing job and I love reading through all of the comments on everyone’s posts as they appear. And many thanks to Lucile for hosting the challenge solo for a few weeks now.
This week, I am thinking we do a movie again and I am taking a suggestion from Disperser Tracks and presenting a 1988 film titled Six Days, Seven Nights, starring Harrison Ford, Anne Heche and David Schwimmer. I’ve been watching Friends reruns for the last few months and I used to be in love with Ross (David Schwimmer) from Friends, so it fits for me. Also, it’s directed by Ivan Reitman, who did wonderful films like Ghostbusters, Up in the Air, Fathers Day, Twins 🙂
A brief summary from IMBD: Robin Monroe, a New York magazine editor, and the gruff pilot Quinn Harris must put aside their mutual dislike if they are to survive after crash landing on a deserted South Seas island.
And here is my version:
It’s quite a simple cover but it makes me wish I was there right now, relaxing on the beach! I used the Typic app on my iPhone to add the text.
Ok, so there’s your challenge, what will you do? Here are the instructions:
- Every Thursday we will give you the name of a book, music or movie, etc. and share with you our take on a new cover.
- You will prepare you own cover by using your archive photos or shooting a new one to go with the theme.
- Prepare your post and publish it. Remember to Ping Back (hyperlink) to this post. You may also copy your link to the comments section of this post.
Use the tag #PhotoRehabCoverMakeover, so that we can find your post in the WP reader.
- Add your photo to the link provided below. In this way, you expose your photo to the other participants and the audience of the Photo Rehab.
If you wish, you can add to your post the badge we made for the challenge (below).
- We will make a weekly wrap up of all the ingenious cover makeovers photos!
- Every Thursday at 12:15 am CET you will find here the combined post. Immediately after that, every Thursday at 12:30 am CET, you will see the post with our version of the cover, which either Lucile or I will create. (Please Note that for the meantime, a single post will appear on either mine or Lucile’s blog at 12:15am CET).
Isn’t this a cool challenge?!
x Desley & Lucile.