Contemplation – Talk

img_7990

Welcome to week 8 of Contemplation, where I share a prompt and my response from my Kikki.K A Sentence A Day Journal. This is a three year journal which allows me to look back at my responses on the same day each year. I can’t wait for the first year to be up so that I can see how things have changed.

I invite you to also share your response and link back to this post so that we can all read your response from the comments section.

This week’s prompt: Who do you want to talk to right now?

This is a really tough one. When I think of people who aren’t with us anymore, who have passed on, it would be comforting and also very interesting to talk to them. My grandmother, for instance. I was in my late teens when she died and while I consider that we were close, we didn’t have an adult relationship – I never spoke to her about life and the universe, if you understand what I mean. I would love to have a conversation with her about her life and how she saw things changing throughout her years.

Of course, if it meant being in the same room, I’d have to say Ryan Reynolds ๐Ÿ˜›

But, it will probably come as no surprise to you to find out that I always want to talk to Mum. I could call her almost any time of the day and have a chat – she’s probably tired of hearing from me. She knows me, all of me. We’ve always been extremely close and I do feel like I can talk to her about anything. I often give her a call on my way to or from the dog park – just a quick chat to check in and see how everything is going, to have a whinge about something, or to share something fun or happy that’s happened recently.

So yes, Ryan Reynolds or my Mum – those are my ultimate picks ๐Ÿ˜‰

How about you? Who would you like to talk to right now.

Here is what my fellow Contemplators came up with:

Julie Powell – Photographer and Graphic Artist

Deb’s World

XO NIN

1. I hate to tell you, but I had to google Ryan Reynolds, and I think I’ll pass on talking to him! I’d love a chance to talk to my mother though – since she died so many things have happened in my life that she would’ve relished. And more immediately I’d love a coffee shop yarn at Blue Earth with two of my Australian mates – the only friend-threesome I actually enjoy. They would help me process this Warsaw experience in a new way by their questions and interest.

LOL poor Ryan ๐Ÿ˜‹ I love him. I hope you can have some virtual chats with your Aussie mates!

2. Ninette D.S says:

Ryan Reynolds is never a bad choice ๐Ÿ˜‰ great prompt this week. Lots to contemplate about!

Thanks. Am glad you like it!

Your mum must love having you ring for chats – I know I always love hearing from my girls – even if it’s just to make them feel better or for no particular reason – it’s nice to know they want to call me, I’ll have a think about this one, I missed doing last week’s prompt about friends due to being out and about all over the place. Nice post!

I hope so Deb. Actually I’m pretty sure she does. Thanks so much.

4. You, and your mum, AND Ryan Reynolds should have tea together. I bet your mum wouldn’t mind that either!

Now THAT is a brilliant idea.

5. it’s kind of like that who would you invite to dinner……..there are so many interesting people I would love to talk to, but when it comes to a really good ‘chat’ it’s my friend Sue. My Mum and I are really not all that close and often all we discuss is her health problems, it’s depressing. I’ll have to thinkg long and hard about this one

I’m sorry about your mum Julz. I hope you get a good long chat with Sue soon!

Oh sounds fab! I will check it out when I get home from this shivering cold and wet tram stop!

6. Your mum surely loves these calls!! She might miss you dearly.
    Beautiful thought.
    But who is this guy? Hahaha
    I like Lisa’s idea of having tea together.

Hahahaha, yes I love that too. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š