Photo101(18): Edge of Lifou.

Life on Lifou. 17mm f/1.8 1/50s ISO200
Life on Lifou.
17mm f/1.8 1/50s ISO200

I had to choose between photography and a hot stone massage this evening and, well… I chose the massage. It was amazing, really worth it.

Anyway, I have some shots here, taken in an abandoned unfinished house in Lifou in the South Pacific. This was particularly challenging for today’s brief, because the building isn’t exactly standing up straight to start with. Anyway, I’ve used the levelling tool in Lightroom and done the best I can.

I really love my header image – green life growing out of an old doorframe. I spent ages in this building. There was graffiti on the walls, rubbish everywhere, broken windows, holes in the ceiling, and a stairway to nowhere, but the eerie quality really got to me.

I can’t believe there are only two more days to go in photo101 November. I hope there’s something else just around the corner – does anyone know?!

1. I don’t know, but I guess they’ll arrange something (hopefully early) next year. Photo101 has been fun!

It sure has. It motivates me to get out and shoot. I hope I can keep it up without the prompts 🙂

1. Well, it’s only a couple left now, so I don’t think it’ll be a problem..

Oh I meant when it’s over! 😊

2. fadingisight says:

Looks like the place needs a bit of a makeover!

Yes, it’s a bit of a fixer-upper!

3. anujakokrady says:

The broken gate photo is my favorite! specially because of the colors. 🙂

Thank you. There were white walls, cream walls and these turquoise walls – all covered with graffiti of course!

4. nty6x says:

Creeeeppy good. Lol. Particularly liked the last one with the branch falling through. Not a fan of going through worn down structures!
    Totally agree with you on when this ends… What are we gonna dooooo!?!? >.<

Excellent!
      Hopefully something new starts up soon.

5. Andy Townend says:

Love the mono shots and I will suffer withdrawal symptoms when #photo101 ends ;-(

Thank you. At least we will be suffering together.

1. Andy Townend says:

Maybe #photo201 or we can all find a way to keep in touch 🙂

6. oh my you know i dont know which one i like best they really are all fabulous, the leaf out of the wall i do really like though merely for the fun and caught me by surprise bit….gosh…fab shots, really are x

Thanks luv ☺️ It was such a cool place. Especially when this old place was surrounded by beautiful ocean and forest scenery. xx

7. nalinki says:

great photos, I also hope that there soon is another blogging course coming up

Thank you! Fingers crossed.

8. ohiophotogrl says:

I really like the door ways…..leading your eye to God only knows where. Nice job!

Thank you. Lush green forest and gorgeous blue ocean just outside those doors!

9. What an interesting place, so evocative and a bit creepy even! I totally would have chosen the massage too 🙂

LOL thanks, I feel better. It was amazing!
      Yes it was really quite eerie but also a nice solitude. There were no other people around for quite a while and there I was, surrounded by the remains of my ancestors. I will have to go back and meet some of the locals next time.

Ok so I just realised that you’re on Lifou not on my UK post! Sorry! It was eerie too!!
      Yes Lifou. Such a strange old house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by gorgeous ocean views and coral bays and dark forests. Quite creepy.