Sign of the Cross (Rehab1)

Cromer, UK
Cromer, UK

Thank goodness there are a few new prompts/challenges floating about. Check out the tags “#eclectic corner” and “#just thursday” – such fun!

Lucile at bridging lacunas has started a photo101 rehab clinic for us to continue posting a photo a day. Please join in!

So, my photo above. I took this photo while travelling in the Norfolk region in the UK. It was in the seaside town of Hunstanton. A lovely sunny day.

In terms of technique… I’m in love with monochrome and I am interested in using negative space in images because I tend to do a lot of close ups and colourful photos. This particular image wasn’t overly inspiring in colour. I overexposed it slightly to silhouette the cross and bring out the sky. In Lightroom, I converted it to black and white and boosted the contrast and clarity a little. I hope you like it.

Please visit Lucile’s blog and join us 🙂

1. Lovely and thanks for including the shot details!

Thank you! And no worries, all part of the prompt. Will you join us? 😊

1. I see! Yes. I’d love to. Yay! More photo sharing ahead. 🙂

Yay!! I’ve been desperate 😉

1. I know what you mean! It was a bit of a rude awakening when December rolled around. Hubby’s schedule has changed so we can’t do morning photo shoots any more but I’ll do what I can over the next couple of weeks. 🙂

Yeah there’s no pressure so we can just roll with it 😊

2. Hi Photoholic! How cool is that? Loved your photo.
    Thanks for joining the ‘clinic’; it’s going to be a fun month. And hopefully we convince the editors to set up photo201 sooner.
    Thanks for the shoutout too! 🙂
    Lucile
    PS: has the link to add your photo to the post not worked? Pls let me know! Thanks.

Using the button on your blog? Oops, I don’t know, I will check.

1. Yes, when you do that, you add the url and your photo shows on my post too for all to see it!

I did do that, but it must not have worked. Let me try again now.

1. Thanks for checking it out. 👍

Ok I checked. My post is linked and I can see it in the froggy place. And it won’t let me add it again because it says it’s already linked. 😕

1. I saw it too. Ops…something wrong….I will see how to fix that and let you know. The same happened to my photo at Justine’s challenge.
                Thanks for checking abd helping me find the error. It would be a pity if it doesn’t work.

No worries. Please let me know if I can do something to help.

1. Thanks! You’re sweet. I’m going back and redo the link to see if anything changes. Will check with Justine if she knows of the same and fixed it.

3. That’s a really striking photo very thought invoking x

Thank you Justine. I thought it was a little surreal surrounded by the beach and a mini amusement park!

1. true, just goes to show the many differences in life that surround us so closely x

Yes! You never know what’s just around the corner, literally or figuratively! X

1. exactly and my addled mind doesnt help either, i was walkig around the other day going wheres my phone, gosh where is it and it was in my hand, how bad is that? x

Oh thank goodness I’m not the only one who does that!!!! x

4. Andy Townend says:

I love this, many (very many) years ago as a v young child I had a holiday here….I can’t remember much about it but your picture is beautiful…

Oh thank you Andy! It’s a lovely spot. I hope to get back there next year…

5. Mara Eastern says:

Thanks goodness for the photo rehab indeed! I love your photo. It is a beautiful complement to Lucile’s black&white shot too. It’s great to learn also what post-editing you used, an excellent idea by Lucile!

Thanks Mara. What to choose today… Fun!

6. kirsten says:

Beautiful photo and great use of negative space! I really like the image in black and white 🙂

Thanks Kirsten, I appreciate that. I really like it too.