Miss G (B&W5, Rehab14)

Quick! Take the photo!

Here she is.

My love.

Heart of my Heart.

Precious, yet precocious.

Sweet, yet temperamental.

Gorgeous, but a tiny bit neurotic.

Here she is.

My love.

Many of you know my puppy, Gidget. She is a Maltese-Lhasa Apso cross with a gorgeous spirit and a sweet temperament. She loves people, her best friend is a 50kg German Shepherd called Olly. She LOVES her grandma, and she just loves to be with you. She is curled up next to me right now. She is almost 5 years old, and was born on Valentine’s Day. She was meant to be a show dog, but her little snaggletooth is not acceptable to dog shows. Good for me, I ended up with the sweetest little puppy on the planet.

This post is my final submission to the Black&White challenge – post 5 black and white photos each day for 5 days and nominate someone new to join each day. I was nominated by Cardinal Guzman – if you haven’t checked out his photography, please do, you will be impressed. Today, I was going to nominate Terri at The Beespeak – Terri has been posting some lovely images in a variety of colours so let’s see some black and white?!

The featured photo – I have been posting portraits for the B&W challenge, sort of by accident, and I thought that my puppy would make a good portrait. She is heavily clipped in this photo because it is summer here in Australia and particularly hot here in Brisbane, so the poor thing needs to keep cool. I’ve added some other shots below with her crazy long hair. This photo was inspired by my friend Justine who showed us her gorgeous Teddy yesterday – please visit Justine’s blog for some lovely posts, a wicked good story and a variety of challenges to keep you active and in the loop!

This post is also my next submission for Photo101Rehab, set up by Lucile – please check out Lucile’s blog for some fascinating insights and gorgeous photography, Lucile and I share a love for our OMD cameras and I am delighted each day to see what new exquisite image she produces.

Technicalities on the feature image: Olympus OMD EM5, using the 14-42mm kit zoom lens, set to 40mm, f4.0, 1/80s, ISO1600. In Lightroom I’ve just converted to black and white.

I’m a little sentimental tonight. This is a significant post for me today for the following few reasons:

• I welcomed my 100th follower today – I started my little blog at the end of October this year, just in time for the photo101 challenge and have since met some wonderful people here – talented, witty, sharing and caring – that’s how I describe you guys. To get to 100 followers in less than 2 months, I am humbled and flattered. I hope you continue to enjoy my musings and my images.
  • My dear friend Lucile has nominated me for The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I have yet to submit my answers, but soon I promise. I am so humbled to be nominated.
  • I was also nominated by the lovely afairymind for the Liebster Award. Again, humbled and flattered!

Here are the other photos of little GG, as promised. Have a lovely morning/day/evening 🙂

1. Andy Townend says:

Great photos I love the second mono shot with the light to the side of the face.

And congratulations on the followers (very happy to be one) and the awards!

Thanks Andy! She is so shaggy in that photo 🙂

2. Your dog is so utterly cute so so cute, I think she would get on great with teddy lol x fab pics and wow well done on 100 in two months thats epic, you deserve it x

Thanks love. She’s pretty adorable. I’m a little biased I know. She would have so much fun with Teddy.
      Aww thanks so much 😊

3. Nice animal portrait and probably wonderful company too. I think it’s cool that you went for portraits in all five posts!

Thanks Cardinal. It was difficult for the last one. I have a couple of my family that I took as well but didn’t process them yet. I will see how they turned out.

4. I swear I let out an audible “Awwww!” as I looked at your adorable dog’s photos!!! Too cute!!! And your poem is a great tribute!

Thanks luv! After 5 years, i still say awwww sometimes ☺️

5. Congrats on your much-deserved award and also on your 100th follower today! I’m glad I found your blog and can consider myself one of them!

Thank you! I’m glad too, that I found yours 😄

6. tildy1 says:

Gidget is precious!

Thank you, she really is!! And asleep in my lap right now, even though it’s not even 8:30am!!

7. Ok so here’s a truth: Not a huge fan of animals in my house. I like animals…just not in my house. But this one…oh goodness. I’d have her in (and her owner of course!) any time. 🙂 What a cutie!! Great shots this week, and I’m sorry for stealing your peeps. 🙂 Congrats on the 100 followers, and I’m so happy I’m one of them.

Thanks luv ☺️
      Great shots from you too! Am happy to be following you as well!

8. First things first. Congratulations for having the will power to achieve the B&W challenge. Goal accomplishment is a good thing.

I’m not much of a pet lover. Never had a pet in our house. But I’ll have to admit tht Gidget is a darling of a puppy. Your pictures are excellent as always. You do honor to amateur photography on the way towards professional photography.

Cheers,

Omar.-

Thank you Omar. 😄

Haven’t seen you in a while!

1. joeyjoank says:

Been computer less for a bit and doing writing 201 so not a lot of pictures for posting

Oh, it looks like I wasn’t following you! I thought I was – well I am now! I was thinking of trying writing 101 in January, it looks very helpful.

1. joeyjoank says:

201 has been a challenge but fun. I was thinking 101 as well is it to late to join?

No, I don’t think so. I think it starts in January. 🙂

9. Norm 2.0 says:

Ahh, just adorable 😀

Thanks Norm. She’s being particularly cute today.

10. emmanique says:

Amazing photos. If she was black & white I’d think she was sister to Nano, he even has the snag tooth which gives him a cute but dopy look

Oh cute! Do you have a picture of Nano up?! The tooth is adorable.

1. emmanique says:

No I don’t and this area doesn’t let me attach photos, I should write one about the dogs and how the deal with me traveling for work

Yes! It would be interesting. Mine doesn’t cope well, although she loves my parents and my brother (she stays with them when I travel).