Inspired by Andy (Rehab18)

Decisions, Decisions.
Decisions, Decisions.

I was in a bar last week with a dear friend. We were waiting for his colleague’s flight to arrive, but he was delayed and decided not to join us. We had the best time! It’s a tiny little gin bar with a lovely bartender who went out of his way to find us cocktails to suit our very great needs ๐Ÿ˜„

Anyway, while the bartender was advising my friend which whiskey to buy his mum for Christmas, I thought of how Andy spends his time in bars taking beautiful pictures, rather than drinking too many drinks. I have to confess, I did both!! ย For Lucile’s Photo101Rehab, all photos were taken on my iPhone 6 and edited with Camera+.

A big shout out to the Dutch Courage Officer’s Mess, in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane – yummy tapas, fabulous huge cocktail selection, and great service.

1. Amy Sampson says:

Nice! The two of you are going to force me to go out and get smashed.

That’s the plan!

2. Britta says:

Love these pictures! A drink sounds quite nice right now, as a matter of fact.

Thank you. It’s 10am for me, so I will have to hold off for a little while ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Andy Townend says:

Oh wow… Lost for words. Better pour a drink and say thank you!

Oh no, thank you!
      But yes, have a drink on me!

4. tildy1 says:

The Drunken Botanist book really jumped out at me. And, those are some interesting drink garnishes too,

Drunken Botanist?! I must know more!
      Yes, the pink one had a nashi pear sliced thinly and fanned out on a stick. The G&T had a sprig of rosemary that he rubbed around the lip of the glass and then burnt the end with a lighter before popping it in the drink. The last one is lime peel, curled.

1. tildy1 says:

Did you see that book on the third shelf? Do you think it is a bartending guide-for a scientist? Fancy drinks! Merry Christmas!

Well spotted. I saw it on the night but didn’t notice it in the photo. Thanks – Merry Christmas to you too!!

5. Mara Eastern says:

It’s Christmas Day, so the perfect excuse to start drinking right from the morning… Excellent photos, and I command your decision to shoot AND to drink. Andy was doing it wrong to choose only one of these activities. ๐Ÿ˜›

LOL thanks dear. I suspect Andy had a sneaky tipple or two. When I’m with this particular friend, it’s pretty rare for us to not have a drink. Plus, it was a gin bar. Couldn’t be helped!

6. Bar photos are always nice. It’s great that Andy could inspire you to take these!

7. Looove the first one! Texture, variation and contrast! The others are also swell. Cheers!

Thanks, they were tasty too!

8. Love these and I tried to emulate you and Andy yesterday but my mulled cider didn’t quite cut it photographically !

LOL. I bet it tasted good!

1. I had two!!! Must have been good…cant remember :-p

That explains a few tweets ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Lol…gasps…what do you mean? It is proposed in all seriousness! ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh yes of course, just a silly joke โ˜บ๏ธ

1. Phew i thought you were ditching me at the alter! Or is it registry office? Looks around

9. Great shots! A very good reason to spend more time in bars. Perhaps we could start a weekly bar photo challenge. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now that’s an idea! ๐Ÿธ