Stalk in Shadows

By the light of day
It waits
Darkness descending
It grows stronger
Impatient
Waiting for night

This is my tripod and the shadows it casts at night. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I think it looks like an alien robot stalking some dark and gritty planet surface.

This photo was taken with my Olympus OMD EM5, during an evening shoot at King’s Park in Perth, WA. I used my trusty 17mm lens (35mm equivalent) at f/1.8, ISO1600, 0.4s (yes, I did this handheld, since my tripod was busy!).

I submit this photo for the Weekly Photo Challenge – Shadowed.

1. That poem is just perfect for the photograph!!!

Oh thank you Carol, I agonised over those last two lines… I really appreciate that ☺️

2. I like the new looks here!

My theme? Ah yes, Blogging101 brief ☺️ Thank you.

3. joeyjoank says:

Very nice! I like the lines the tripod makes.

4. joeyjoank says:

Ohh and wonderful poem. I can’t write poetry to save my life.

Oh thank you! I wasn’t sure….

5. Tyler Calleja Jackson says:

Wow. I wouldn’t have thought that was a tripod. I thought it was some sort of tower at first. Great shot 🙂

LOL, excellent! That’s exactly what I had hoped ☺️

6. Norm 2.0 says:

You’re right, the gritty look and long shadows make it look like some sort of alien creature. Love it!

Excellent thanks Norm, I’m glad it worked 😄

7. Wow. Love the texture of the photo. The poem is the icing on the cake. Way to go. Bring more. And I had to laugh about your description of the alien robot. We are badly influencing you with all the cyber talks. LOL.
    Now you are talking! Gray background just brings forward the images in a perfect way.
    Kudos! xx

Oh thank you lovely Lucile. Yes crazy cyborg talk seeps in… 😉

1. Felling guilty… Not! Lol

8. Andy Townend says:

Great photo and perfect poem!

Thanks Andy ☺️

9. Ooo! This is really cool. At first I didn’t know what it was and tried to guess. Well done! By the way, did you update your site? Or maybe this is the first time I’m looking at it on a laptop. I like!

Thank you, yes a new theme, trying to showcase my photos ☺️

1. Great choice! There are so many themes for photos. Was it hard to choose one?

Yes very hard! I tried about 12!! I thought I would have a one-column theme but ended up not liking the them. I’m happy the result 😄 Thanks for taking the time to look!

1. No worries! It’s nice to have the option to change again but the pain of sifting through all the themes is enough to deter me unless I’m really up for the challenge.

Plus it requires a bit of tweaking after changing…. But it’s fun (ish) 😉

1. Ha ha ha! Yes, the “ish” qualifier is definitely needed.

10. Mara Eastern says:

This is a powerful combination of a photo and a poem, I see you’re experimenting with new post styles, and this one works perfectly!

Thank you my dear, you are a gem.

11. This is great! The poem is too! Very mysterious and intriguing. I wasn’t sure what the photo was until I read further… Your alien idea is spot on! Bravissima!

Well….thank you kindly 😉

12. Lola Jane says:

You are right, it does look alien-like! I like the photo and the text for your post as well 🙂

Thank you Lola Jane (great name!). I can just see those spindly legs stealthily moving, chasing someone!

1. Lola Jane says:

On the name, “Lola” means grandmother in the Philippines, and for grandfather, it is “Lolo”.

I have an aunt named Lola, my mum’s sister. And MY middle name is Jane 😊

13. Well i hope to see more poetry a hidden talent it seems amongst many 🙂

14. Love the verse – love your subject matter 😀 Well done, Desley Jane! Now, while I’m hear, can you clear up some confusion I’m having?? Do you prefer Desley, Desleyjane, or Desley Jane? Cuz I think I’ve now used all three 🙂

LOL thanks Stacy. I don’t mind, I’ll answer to most things. But Desley or desleyjane are fine. My name is Desley but I’m using desleyjane for my photography…
      Thank you so much!