Serene Contemplation

2015/01/2014chiangmai-1-4.jpg

On a trip to Chiang Mai for a work conference last year, we took time out to visit a temple. This gentlemen spent some time at these lanterns, whether praying or meditating, I’m not sure. It was such a busy place with so many tourists bustling about, but the locals didn’t waver in their dedication. They found serenity and peace within themselves. I think we could all take a leaf from their book!

2015/01/2014chiangmai-1-5.jpg

Submitted for the Weekly Photo Challenge – Serenity.

1. Very nice!! The B&W gives it even more serenity somehow 🙂

Thanks Terri – I love black and white!

2. Lovely petals in metal – so unusual.

3. I like this post and love the photography. It is insane!

LOL, thank you so much!

4. Norm 2.0 says:

Very nice. I prefer the B & W one as well. Sort of fitting for the topic I think.

5. Love the B & W shot! Well done!

6. afairymind says:

Beautiful shots. 🙂 A great representation of serenity. And I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment: if more people were able to find peace and serenity within themselves, even when surrounded by a crowd, the world would be a much happier place. We should definitely take a leaf out of their book. 😀

Thank you. Imagine what it would be like!!?!

7. chaylilee says:

Those lanterns are gorgeous! I would want to visit just to see those. I would love to read more about your visit there! xoxo

Thank you, it was amazing, if a little rushed at the time. It would be great to go back. I think there are a couple of photos from there in my gallery page, but not enough!

8. andy says:

Black and white sets the perfect mood ❤

9. Excellent photo. Loved it. Perfect fit with the theme.

Thank you so much.

10. What a beautiful look at serenity indeed!