Sloe Aged Flirt

Today, I’m bringing a cheeky little cocktail to Justine’s Tea Time #5. If you haven’t been to Justine’s Tea Time before, come along, see what you might find πŸ˜‰

Before my birthday cocktail party last year, my friend and I went out to taste-test some cocktails, as you do πŸ™‚

I had been introduced to Sloe Gin previously, so after trying a few cocktails, I asked the bartender to make me something with Sloe Gin, something not too sweet, with some lime. What he served us had no name, but it was exquisite – so good. So, we had to come up with a name, my friend suggested a Sloe-Aged Tart, but I overruled and went with a Sloe-Aged Flirt instead.

It’s very simple:

Mix two parts Sloe Gin with oneΒ part Lychee liqueur and top up with cranberry juice.

Add a splash of lime juice and shake over ice.

Enjoy! (Note that my bartender added a dried star anise to the top of my drink, so it smelled divine!).

It really is a delicious drink πŸ™‚

Some background on Sloe Gin. It’s actually a liqueur made from gin and sloe (blackthorn) berries. It’s usually made by soaking the berries in gin with some sugar. The flavour is very unusual, but delicious. You can find more information here. A Sloe Gin Fizz is also yummy.

1. Miss dj that’s quite a sloe gin drinking grin you have on. Love!

LOL, yes I was quite happy, it was probably my second flirt and 4th cocktail maybe?? Eek!

1. Some of my best pictures have always involved some amount of alcohol. πŸ˜‰

Oh yeah, I’ve got a few of those!

2. Andy Townend says:

Love it, apparently Justine’s tea time is evolving into Justine’s Happy Hour πŸ˜‰

Well it is 8:51pm for me, I think I deserve a cocktail πŸ™‚

You read my mind dear.

1. Andy Townend says:

And then mayhap a third, have a good evening!

1. you deserve two or three cocktails

2. haha very funny, it has to be renamed Tea Time Happy Hour lol incorporate both

3. Debbie says:

Nice looking cocktail! Bring on the happy hour I say. 😊

4. I vote for Happy Hour Event. Justine’s Tea Time is eclectic, just as she (and us) like. Everyone is welcome as they like. You bring booze, and so does Andy, and I am a coffee drinker today.
    This drink look deli and your photo is encouraging me to give it a try! Pity that is only lunch time, as I am not in France (as they don’t bother to have alcohol at lunch time) and I am heading to another meeting in 30 min.
    The name of the drink is perfect and the model has beautiful flirting looks.
    Cheers to you and good night!

LOL, thank you dear, happy hour is a great idea!

2. oh yes sloe gin is my favourite, you MUST try it hehe x

1. I must try as I never did!

1. oh yes definitely, on your to do list i hope x

Excellent! Another sloe lover 😊 It’s a different taste, but the perfect colour and yummy just on ice with some orange zest.

1. oh ive not tried it that way, im rough and ready hehe

5. Amy Sampson says:

This is has to be the booziest recurring tea party on the planet. I love it!

1. the Brits always sneak a bit of alcohol in here and there πŸ˜€

1. Amy Sampson says:

I’m growing more and more fond of Brits all the time. πŸ™‚

1. haha..we have our ways!

That’s why I love you guys!

Well you know on WordPress it’s always happy hour somewhere in the world!

6. Loretta says:

Does Justine’s tea time permit cocktails such as these? :)). Actually it sounds awesome, not sure I’ve heard of sloe gin though – but my fave drink in the summer time is def gin n’ tonic. πŸ™‚

1. sloe gin is utterly delicious you should try it loretta, better still make it hehe and send some to me lol. Anything is welcomed really…grins..

Oh a G&T is still one of my classic favourites. Yes! Justine is very liberal with her “teatime” rules! X

7. nalinki says:

Cheers! Sounds delicious πŸ™‚

8. Now you totally hit the nail on the head with this one, because I utterly adore sloe gin and it brings back wonderful memories for me too. Imagine this, out in Great Windsor Park, perhaps you might see the Queen go past in her car or not, the majestic trees just climbing out of the mist and the cold breeze whipping past your face. All the horses stop panting after having had a good canter, your face is now freezing but your out of breath almost, eyes watering but exhilirated. The escort (who leads the hack), she stops and says “sloe gin time?” we all nod as she gets out her flask, we all drink a ravenous slug to warm our cockles so to speak before we continue our hack in the park. Oh and sometimes this was at tea time time lol, oh the memories, thank you x

Oh how delightful! I can absolutely imagine being there, I experienced that feeling in New Zealand after playing in the snow, frozen face, watering eyes, but utterly exhilarated! And we did have a lovely neat drink before jumping into the spa outside while tiny snowflakes fell. Gorgeous. And now you’ve brought me a lovely memory too xox.

1. awe glad i brought back some memories, how neat is this?

So neat!! Makes me happy x.

9. ps the names made me laugh πŸ˜€

LOL, we try! I will NOT be called a tart, so I had to mellow it down a little. It works πŸ˜‰

1. haha, my nickname is pudding, that is kind of like tart, well a tart is a pudding but perhaps a different conotation..hehe

Heh heh. That’s true!!! Excellent, that works. X

10. gfchopstix says:

Ooh, that does look good. Never had a sloe gin. Will have to give it a try. Lovely photos and story, DesleyJane πŸ™‚ Cheers! See you at tea time.

11. oh ps sloe gin flirt don’t forget to put your lovely post in to the Inlinz… hehe..winks x

Oh I meant to tell you I tried to last night but it kept telling my photo was too large! First time that has happened. Any ideas?