Toytown

IMG_0044

For this week’s photo challenge, Scale, I immediately thought of my photo taken from King’s Park in Perth, of the construction of the new conference centre. It is now complete, but I love the effect created here using th “Diorama” art filter on my Olympus OMD EM5. This mimics the effect you would see using a tilt-shift lens and creates the illusion of a miniaturised scene.

You can see more cool photos at the challenge site, and also at Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic – please join in the fun!

1. nty6x says:

Beauty! Reminds me of andy’s miniatures. Alot has changed to that spot actually πŸ™‚ now that i think about it, i’ve never been to kings park. Lol

Go there!! Macro flower shots, bees, city vistas, gorgeous place. πŸ˜„

1. nty6x says:

I shall find the time to do that soon πŸ™‚

2. andy says:

lovely !! That’s shot looks like a bird’s eye view πŸ˜‰

Thanks Andy, I really like this effect but am not up high enough to use it very often…

3. Amy Sampson says:

Ooh! I like this. I have a miniature filter on my camera, but I only tried it once. I was sitting on my bed taking photos of the walls. I guess that’s why I couldn’t see the effect. lol Now I have to go look for a streetscape or something to properly try it out.

LOL thanks Amy. I think it works best when your up high but I will definitely be trying it out more too!

1. Amy Sampson says:

I hope it stops snowing soon so I can get back out with my camera. It has been a brutal winter. I really must try that.

Fingers crossed for you!!

4. Andy Townend says:

Excellent, this is totally convincing!

5. kazg10 says:

Cool shot Desley, I often wondered how that effect was done πŸ™‚

6. Wowww! I really thought this was a Lego play set or something… Fantastic!

Oh thank you Lia!!

7. wow so this is actually full size but you made it look miniature? Fab photo, love it x

Yep that’s right, taken from a lookout on a small hill, looking down over one end of the city. I think the height of the cranes adds dimension…. Thanks love x.

1. oh its amazing, very good x

8. Incredible isn’t it what great perspectives one can create through pictures. Loved it!

Shakti

Oh great Shakti, I’m glad you liked it 😊

9. That’s a cleverly and beautifully done shot. No surprises coming from my preferred scientist. She over delivers, always.

1. Ik hou van jou ook, schatje.

I had an idea of what this meant but had to look it up to confirm πŸ˜„