Life Around Us

While out shooting for my most recent Changing Seasons post, I captured a couple of photos to check in to Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic. Come visit the clinic to see some great photos and share your own as well if you wish.

Each of these photos was shot with my Olympus OMD EM5 camera, with the 60mm (120mm equivalent) macro lens. This lens enables me to be far enough away from the subject to not interfere with what they’re doing.

I found the Bike Repair spot earlier in the day but nobody was using it. Later, I was wandering past on my way to the car, when I saw these two guys making a repair so I snapped this picture.

The young man in the central photo was clearly waiting for a date πŸ™‚ Β He was holding a single red rose and waiting right in the middle of the ferry dock. He was a little self conscious I think, because he turned around and leaned on the railing quite soon after arriving there.

Finally, this young couple sitting on the bank – I thought this was a lovely romantic scene until I noticed that they were both sitting there looking at their phones and not actually interacting with each other in any way! Ah, young love….

1. Mara Eastern says:

These are beautiful. You’re not just shooting people, you are capturing their stories.

Thank you dear Mara. Such a good day πŸ™‚

2. Fantastic photos and great to hear the stories that go with them.

Cheers Michelle πŸ™‚

3. Together but apart is a great image and so true.

Thanks Ben πŸ™‚

4. I love your pics! Especially the guy waiting with the rose.., what a lucky person who he’s waiting for!

Thanks Lia. He was SOOO self-conscious. Quite cute actually πŸ˜‰

1. Oh intriguing! I hope his date worked out!

I should have stuck around to see!

5. Great choices and pictures, DJ. And the stories are enticing.
    You should have stayed there to click the encounter with his date. Maybe the person didn’t show up and could have offered your shoulder! Lol

I like your style πŸ˜‰

6. afairymind says:

These are lovely photos, Delsey, with great stories to tell. I particularly like ‘Together but Apart’ – it really does say a lot about relationships today. πŸ™‚

Thanks hun. I like that one too, very “normal” these days!

7. Love the photos, Desley, AND the stories behind them! Hope the man’s date went well and that it didn’t end up like the couple in the last photo πŸ˜‰ Great street shots!

Thanks Stacy. LOL yes I hope so too!!

8. Fabulous street portraits with wonderful back stories! I am mad for street photography and these are great captures!

Thanks Lisa. I want to do much more street!

1. Well you should because you’ve got the eye and the talent for it! Can’t wait to see more!