Tea(?!) for Two

Beer Pop.
Beer Pop.

For Justine’s Eclectic Teatime #8, I am bringing along a different kind of deliciousness. She did warn you that it can get a bit wild!

I met with a friend for a drink before dinner in a little bar in Glebe (Sydney) sometime last year. We tried a local beer and it was served with a big bowl of spiced popcorn. The bar was small and loud, in a good way. Laughter, good music, big old couches and vintage furnishings. The beer and popcorn in this photo are resting on an old suitcase, serving as a table.

I took this photo with my iPhone6 and edited it in the Camera+ app.

Please come along and visit Justine’s corner of the world and enjoy some varied takes on teatime fun  🙂

1. Mara Eastern says:

Were it not so terribly inconvenient to fly from Eastern Europe to Australia for the sake of a drink, I’d go to this bar the first thing tomorrow… (Or yesterday? I’m not sure how the time zones work here 😮 )

LOL it would be the day after tomorrow if you came here but it would be yesterday if I brought it to you 🙂

1. Amy Sampson says:

You two have just really confused me. lol

2. Oooh I like The sound of this bar and spiced popcorn? I wonder what they used: I love vintage furnishings. I might have been tempted to take the table away with me hehe ☺️☺️☺️

Thank you for coming to Tea this drink will be right up the hardcore drinkers alley and we all know who they are! Grinzz

Mmmnnnnn it was quite delish. It was middle-Eastern spices, very good with beer.
      Yes we know who they are, and luckily they know who they are!
      Xx

3. Great shot! I like the positioning of the glasses and bowl. And the bar sounds fun and popcorn delish!

Thanks Lia. It was a great spot!

4. Andy Townend says:

Great photo, and I have the strangest feeling that I might have been in this bar once, or one very like it in Glebe Point Road…

Yes! Glebe Point Road, about halfway down. Tiny little spot with an upstairs as well. What a great memory you have.

1. Andy Townend says:

Then although I can’t remember the name of the place I’m sure I’ve been there based on your description. Used to live in Pyrmont and often walked around the waterfront into Glebe…

Not far from a great view of the Anzac Bridge. What a great place to live.

1. Andy Townend says:

Lived in an apartment on Distillery Drive on Level 16 so had great view of Anzac Bridge, out to the Blue Mountains and across to Northern Sydney. Also had a “proxy” view of the coathanger through reflection on a building opposite. Fish market was five minutes walk away…happy days.

Sounds perfect 🙂

5. It sounds like a great place for people to gather. You always share the most fun things.