The Long Haul

on

IMG_3977

Just a quick post to say that I’m still alive. I was travelling for the last two weeks – I went to Cambridge (UK) for work for a little over a week, then London on the weekend and Amsterdam for a couple of days. London and Amsterdam were short holidays and I had a fabulous time, so I will post some photos from those two trips shortly.

The above photo I am adding to Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic. I took this photo with my iPhone6 inside the plane as we were leaving Dubai. This gentleman looks like I felt at the time – weary of the long haul flights, and still with another 8 hours to go… I edited it simply by converting to black and white. I took a similar photo of myself on the flight from Heathrow to Amsterdam – I’ve added it underΒ my signoff below. To me, this selfie really sums up my life as a frequent flyer πŸ˜‰

Sorry for being absent for so long. I arrived home yesterday at about 11am and had two naps during the afternoon and evening (two hours each). It’s now 5:30am and I’ve been awake since 10pm.

Gotta love jet lag!

IMG_4197

1. Joanne says:

Welcome home and good luck with the jet lag – it’s a… drag!

Thank you, it sure is! The sun is coming up but it’s been raining consistently since I landed….

1. Joanne says:

We’ve had nothing but rain here for the last week also. Even woke to a fresh smattering of snow on the mountains this morning. Dang, just when I thought it was safe to finally put my petunias outside, lol! πŸ˜‰

Oh no!! Snow!!!

1. Joanne says:

It is SO cold yet they call this Spring, brrr…

2. Andy Townend says:

both great photos! I know it’s a drag but I do miss that trip! or maybe just the destination… glad you had a great time in EU!

Thank you!
      Yah it’s ok. It’s amazing really if you think about it logistically. Yes, it was a fabulous trip!!!

1. andy townend says:

Glad you made it back safe, have a great weekend!

Thanks, you too!

3. In fact, I was wondering how you were doing πŸ™‚ I’m glad all is well but I can imagine it’s rough after long flights and jet lag… Your two black and white pics are perfect!
    Welcome home !

Oh thank you Lia for thinking of me. And thank you for your comment about the photos!

4. brittabottle says:

Been missing you in the blogosphere! I hope you had an incredible trip!

Thanks so much Britta. I really did!

5. tildy1 says:

Beautiful selfie!

Aw thanks Tildy πŸ™‚

Lovely pics. Glad you are back safe & sound after a good trip away. Jet lag will pass eventually. Just think of all the photos and stories you have to share!!

Thanks Deb! I spent the entire night last night processing the photos LOL.

I can just imagine πŸ™‚ Looking forward to seeing some!

7. e says:

Stunning & your passport is equally impressive. Love your style!

8. That first image is especially cool.

Thanks Mitch – he didn’t notice me πŸ˜‰

1. He looked completely engrossed, so I’m not surprised.

9. Mara Eastern says:

Wow, beautiful photos! And a slightly scary travel story – not because of its quality but rather because of the sheer quantity of time you had to spent on the plane. On a happier note, it looks like you had great fun on your tip, and I can’t wait to see more pictures, on Instagram or here πŸ˜‰

LOL. Yes it was long, but that’s how it is when you live in Australia. Actually it was even longer because of delayed flights, missed flights and a different route. But, I’m home, safe and sound, and my luggage even made it as well! Thanks Mara πŸ™‚

10. I really enjoyed your pictures of the strain of long flights. Both pictures are very dramatic. They tell a story of travelling long distances with nothing to do but watch the same clouds outside the window.

I once flew from New York to London and viceversa. The flights were way too long. Love to see your pictures and read your stories.

Cheers,

Omar.-

Thanks so much Omar. Long haul travel can be so hard but the good thing is that you usually forget the horror once you arrive and have a cuppa πŸ™‚

11. nty6x says:

Welcome back! Looking forward to the rest of the stories of your travel and great self portrait πŸ™‚

Thanks so much!

12. I knew you were travelling, but when I didn’t see you on my email feed, I had to go check. Lovely photo and it captures the long haul perfectly. Did you get to see Lovely Lucile in Amsterdam? Glad you are back or close to it!

Aw thanks for checking up on me Terri. Yes! It was a very eventful trip with a couple of meet ups, which I will post about very soon!

13. Perfect captures, Desley! Glad you’re home same and sound πŸ™‚

Thanks Stacy – the things we do when we’re in the air for 30 hours each way!!