Sometimes it’s the Journey (WPC)

To travel is to take a journey into yourself. – Danny Kaye.

When I saw today’s prompt for the Weekly Photo Challenge (On The Way), where we are to present photos “of something you saw, did, or experienced on the way: photo not of your destination, but of an interesting thing along the way”, I thought this challenge is made for me.

We frequent flyers spend a lot of time in airplanes. I like to keep an eye on the window for any groovy cloud formations or pretty light. I’ve posted some of these photos before. All were taken with my IPhone 4s or iPhone 6.

This is my 200th post!!!

Have a great weekend.

1. andy townend says:

Congratulations on post #200 and for all those Qantas images which bring back such happy memories…especially the shot of the coat hanger….every Monday (at least) for almost four years I had the privilege of that view and how I miss it….thank you for sharing…

Thank you Andy, I’m happy to share my Australia with you! I do love getting shots of Sydney city and also the coastline, fingers are always crossed for a clear day! Thanks also for your congratulations x.

2. e says:

I COULD CRY these are so breathtaking. If your ears are burning it’s cause I’m talking about your work. Our 13yr old called you cool. (That’s major)

Please tell me you’re working on a book of your photos and your thoughts…,

I pray abundant blessings on you as you travel and continue to document your travels.

๐Ÿ’˜

e

Wow thank you so much. And thanks to your 13yo as well, love it!! Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜Š

1. e says:

๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ

3. LaNae says:

Congrats on your 200th! Vividly beautiful photos!

Thanks so much ๐Ÿ˜Š

4. Lola Jane says:

Great collection — admire that it is not an afterthought, that you are keeping an eye out for something fun and unique, with great results!

Thank you! I’m in the air so often, I always request a window on domestic flights so I can see the world from up high!! Thanks again.

5. Debbie says:

happy 200th post, Desley Jane!

Thank you Debbie.

6. brittabottle says:

You have captured so many amazing in flight shots, DJ, and, once again, I am thoroughly impressed. Loved looking at all these photos from the sky. Gives one a bit of a different perspective of the world, which is good sometimes. Thanks for sharing all these lovely shots AND many congratulations on your 200th post!

Thank you Britta, such kind words! You’re right… A new perspective can be a wonderful thing.

7. Thank you for a feast of flying pleasures I no longer have since I’ve entered the age of the aisle seat.

Ahhhh he’s the aisle seat. Very good for longer flights! Thank you.

I actually thought of you when I saw today’s theme! You’ve got some fantastic shots in your post and they all fit in perfectly. Huge congrats on your 200th post – it’s a great effort. (I found this one very hard but had a go anyway!)

Thanks Deb!! I’m sure you found something great. I’ll pop by tomorrow and check it out.

9. 200! Wow, congratulation! The gallery is great, you really are a pro for this theme!

Thanks so much!!

10. This is really a theme made for you. And of course you rock. Marvelous gallery. Each shot is special and unique. And so is your 200th! Congrats my lovely. Way to go.

Thank you dearest x.

1. You’re most welcome!

11. pommepal says:

A theme made for you DJ and well presented in your great gallery…

Thanks PP, am glad you like it ๐Ÿ˜„

12. Norm 2.0 says:

Congrats on 200! Great shots. Somehow I knew that you’d have loads of pics to share for this challenge ๐Ÿ˜‰

LOL I’m so predictable! Thanks Norm, much appreciated!

13. First of all, congrats on your 200th post!
    And your flight photos are breathtaking… I’m sure you have seen such amazing sights from the plane windows and these pics represent the perfect shots! I especially like the one entitled “takeoff”. It looks like you were standing on the runway!!!

Thank you so much Lia!!
      We were on the runway, but I was safely in my seat ๐Ÿ™‚

1. It’s an amazing shot!

14. And these pics of yours are further reason why I must visit beautiful Australia some day soon!

15. Loretta says:

Wow Desley, such amazing shots from a bird’s eye view. You’ve captured the true essence of your country, breathtaking coastline (albeit shark infested :)). Love the B & W on the bridge in Sydney, I mean all of them, just so meaningful and tell a story. Well done ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you Loretta. I so enjoyed getting these shots and I don’t think I’ll stop taking them lol.

16. nalinki says:

such a great gallery!

17. Yup! As soon as I saw the challenge, I thought of you! My favs are the rainbow, storm over Sydney and raindrops on the tarmac. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks Hils ๐Ÿ˜‰

18. Wow! 200 posts – congrats. I always love your plane shots so it was great to see so many in one gallery. They capture our magnificent country from such a different perspective and so beautifully.

Thanks Michelle. It was tricky cutting the number of shots down LOL. Thanks again ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Norah says:

Perfect for you indeed! Great shots! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Norah! How’s your Sunday? A bit overcast today….

1. Norah says:

Nice and quiet, thanks Desley – no cupcakes or strawberry cakes for me; but that’s a good thing! ๐Ÿ™‚

Quiet is good. But no cake!!! Shocking ๐Ÿ™‚

20. These are truly amazing! I’ve always loved air-planes, even just watching them let alone flying, but have only done it a few times. I remember how perplexed I was on my first – and only – Atlantic ocean crossing, watching the white things below – what the hell is this? Only when the movie ended and they showed the map again I saw that we were so high up north that those were not sheep but icebergs!! Somehow I had thought that we would take the straight – but longer – way from Frankfurt via New York and the entire USA to land in Los Angeles ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you! Icebergs, wow! I’ve never seen icebergs from the plane. Usually I just see land and water and of course clouds, which I love! I saw a photo from a plane today of the mountains in Japan peeking through clouds – awesome! Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜€