Gidget’s Photo Shoot (Tech of the Month)

These photos are for the Tech of the Month: Focus on Animals event, hosted by PerelinColours and Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic. With this month focussed on animals, who don’t often sit still, the prompt is to focus on speed and to therefore avoid blurry shots of animals in motion.

My favourite animal, is of course Miss Gidget. The photos in the garden were taken today (Saturday) specifically for this post. The other indoor shots (where she has much shorter hair) were taken when I first bought my Olympus OMD EM5ย back in 2013 – when I didn’t shoot in RAW and did shoot in auto ๐Ÿ˜‰

I went back and looked at the settings and saw that the indoor shots were taken at a very slow shutter speed (less than 1/100s) – she wasn’t used to the camera so I guess she sat quite still for me! I took the garden shots totally on manual mode and used 1/1000s and 1/500s – much quicker speeds, which I really needed because she was running around a lot.

If you haven’t already, I would encourage you to take a look at the previous “Tech of the Month” posts – there is some really useful information and some wonderful photos in there.

1. You are becoming my educator, as well as a giver of delight!

Oohhh thank you so much, that’s a wonderful thing to say.

2. nalinki says:

Your dog is so cute! Photo shooting with pets is always tricky, they are always moving in the wrong second โ˜บ patience and a quick shutter are the only working combination

Thank you. Yes you’re absolutely right. They can be pretty tricky. ๐Ÿ˜€

3. She’s so delicious! My favorite subjects of photos have always been my pets!

Thanks, she is all tuckered out now after a big day of running around and going to grandmas. ๐Ÿ˜

1. She has the life!

Quite ๐Ÿ™‚

4. andy townend says:

The photo at the top left, would love what to know what was going through Gidget’s mind!

LOL she’s so cheeky ๐Ÿ™‚

5. brittabottle says:

So nice to see Gidget on the blog again. Seems like it’s been a while and she’s always so adorable. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Britta, it has been a while, you’re right! She’s a sweetie ๐Ÿ™‚

6. I love the one where she is inspecting the garden. She looks so busy and important there!

She really does, doesn’t she? She completely ignored me the whole time. I might as well have been talking to myself. I have a secret weapon though – if I ask her “whatcha thinkin?” she always looks at me questioningly, I think I used to ask her that when I was asking her if she wanted to go for a walk so she associates it with the walk. LOL. I’ll take it while it keeps working!!

Thanks. I’m pretty sure she knows it!

1. Amy Sampson says:

Yeah. It looks like she does. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. pommepal says:

Aww.. so cute. You can see the question in those big liquid eyes “what is Mom doing???”

Hee hee, exactly!

8. These posts bring a smile to anyones face. Happy! Happy!!

Thanks she’s such a sweetie ๐Ÿ˜‹

9. so so cute, the whitish bit of hair just above her lip from a distance looks like a rogue tooth sticking out, makes me laugh every time I see this ๐Ÿ™‚ x

No no it’s totally a rogue tooth. She is miss Gidget, Queen of the Snaggletooth. ๐Ÿ˜‹

1. really? all this time i thought it was hair or something that just looked like a tooth? x haha how funny and so cute x

10. Gidget has the look of a Queen! She know she rules and is modest about it! Adorable.
    She is also photogenic. A perfect model. I am trying to make my Tech of the Month entry with the ducks and birds who are in the canal but they move a lot…I will end up posting a but blurred photos. No time for the zoo! lol

LOL, birds are so difficult! You have your work cut out for you there, but I’m sure you’ll get the shot ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thank you, Gidget is impressed with your comment.

11. emmanique says: