I am such a fan of this quote. The people who are loyal to you and who matter most to you, will be supportive of what you say and do. Those who aren’t, you shouldn’t worry about them.
Most recently,this quote can be found in Jessie J’s lyrics to the song “Masterpiece”, a great anthem for being true to yourself. Something interesting about this quote is that it is unsure where the quote came from. It has been attribute to Dr Suess and to Mr Bernard Baruch, but the evidence is not clear – you can read more about it here.
Do you know what Eclectic Corner is? In Justine’s words, here’s how it works:
It is a month-wide. The first 3 weeks of the month will consist of weekly differing category relating to that word. They are posted each Tuesday. The 3 parts to each ‘theme/word’ each week over the month will be scheduled as follows:
- 1st Tuesday of each month, Week 1 = Photography
- 2nd Tuesday of each month, Week 2 = Poetry or written piece (specifics announced at time)
- 3rd Tuesday of each month, Week 3 = Favourite related quote
- Between week 3 & 4 you get the chance to vote 3 times on your favourite posts throughout the month just passed.
- Week 4 is my Tea Time blog hop party where I feature the top 3 most popular posts voted for.
Here is my response to Week 1 – a photography tribute to my parent’s on my Dad’s birthday. For Week 2, I wasn’t able to contribute. Justine wrote a wonderful story and invited us to continue the story for our written piece. I did try, but Justine’s story was so well-written that I didn’t feel that I could do it justice. Sorry Justine!! xx
PS – I made the image for this quote using the Typic app to add the text and doodle to the photo. The photo is a screenshot from my iPhone -it’s the blurred screen that you get when Siri answers a question, I’ve just cropped out Siri’s words.