And here we go for week 3. We’re doing a book again this week. Lucile sent me a little selection of romance novels to choose from and the title of this one really grabbed my attention. It sounds super cute.
It’s The Summer of Chasing Mermaids and here is a very brief excerpt from the author Sarah Ockler: The youngest of six talented sisters, Elyse d’Abreau was destined for stardom—until a boating accident took everything from her. Now, the most beautiful singer in Tobago can’t sing. She can’t even speak.
Here is the original:
And here is my version:
Some notes for you – the title of the book made me think that it is a nostalgic tale and so I wanted to give it a vintage feel. The photo is from a beach in the South Pacific. I gave it a faded look by decreasing the saturation and then I opened it in a new app that I found, called Typic, on my iPad. It’s a very cool app. It includes lots of different fonts as well as objects and artwork that you can add – I recommend it highly.
Now – are you ready to dive in with the mermaids? Here’s how the challenge works:
Here is the Drama Queens’ prescription:
- Every Thursday we will give you the name of a book or movie, etc. and share with you our take on a new cover.
- You will prepare you own cover by using your archive photos or shooting a new one to go with the theme.
- Prepare your post and publish it. Remember to Ping Back (hyperlink) to this post.
- You may also copy your link to the comments section of this post.
- Use the tag #PhotoRehabCoverMakeover, so that we can find your post in the WP reader.
- Add your photo to the link provided below. In this way, you expose your photo to the other participants and the audience of the Photo Rehab.
- If you wish, you can add to your post the badge we made for the challenge (below).
- We will make a weekly wrap up of all the ingenious cover makeovers photos!
Here’s the badge and don’t forget the tag #PhotoRehabCoverMakeover !!
x Desley & Lucile