I simply adore this shot. It’s just a dead leaf, but I am fascinated with the shapes and textures. And only a couple of centimetres across.
I was doing a shoot in the front garden for The Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge (Close Up) and spotted this just above eye level, hanging down from a planter basket in a tree. The sunlight was coming from behind it and it was just a single quick shot before moving on.
When it came to editing, I was so pleasantly surprised to find this gem. It struck me that this might be a good photo for #imagereboot. Here is my Lightroom workflow:
- camera correction and noise reduction on import
- cropped to portrait orientation
- increased exposure to +0.90
- increased contrast to +100
- decreased highlights to -79
- increased shadows to +44
- increased whites to +47
- decreased blacks to -36
- increased clarity to +100
- some minor tweaking to individual colour saturation
Obviously, I’m sending this to Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic 🙂