The Rose Gold-en Hour

I am currently addicted to rose gold. I found this clock recently at kikki-k, my favourite stationery store and had to take it home with me. For this shoot, I placed it on my white cabinet next to my front door with the sunlight streaming in. I love the way the natural light from outside reflects off the gorgeous rose gold surface.

Today, I saw a Thursday’s Special Challenge from Paula at Lost in Translation, encouraging us to find the gold inside, using natural light to accentuate golden colours. I have taken a slightly different slant to the challenge by using a gold object – I hope Paula doesn’t mind ๐Ÿ˜‰

Here’s where the clock usually sits, on a side table by my favourite couch:

Melbourne-18

Taken with my Olympus OMD EM5, with the 60mm macro (120mm equivalent) lens.

I also post this photo forย Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic – it’s always visiting time.

1. It looks fabulous! I’ve not yet read Paula’s prompt, although she gave me a heads up of Gold inside, but you made it, according to me. Lol
    Let Paula be the judge of it!
    Beautiful as always. Of course rose, and gold!
    Xx

Thanks so much! I actually took these photos last weekend and had a post in drafts. I thought it worked here ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Xx

1. Talking about foresight! You rule! It surely worked. ๐Ÿ˜€xx

LOL thanks hun x

2. Su Leslie says:

Love these photos; especially the last. The clock is gorgeous.

Thanks Su. I love it – it’s really such a sweet little clock ๐Ÿ™‚

3. You should charge the shop for photographing the clock! You sure did well!

๐Ÿ™‚ Wow, thanks so much!

I love Kikki K shops too! Lovely collection of photos and the rose is gorgeous with the gold.

Thanks Deb ๐Ÿ™‚ I have a voucher to go back there now!

5. Paula says:

This is lovely Desley Jane ๐Ÿ™‚ Very soon there will be a “time” guest challenge on my blog too :D. I love your photos. My holiday has put me behind so many things and am hardly catching breath from all the work in the office, and blog activities, but I will come back in a few days to see more of your posts. Cheers!

Thanks Paula!! Ooo a time challenge…. Best of luck getting back into the swing of things ๐Ÿ™‚

6. nalinki says:

love the pics! I had to laugh, my boyfriend always calls me Kiki – I looked at the kikki-k’s homepage, offering odds and ends, it would be a shop I could get lost in ๐Ÿ™‚

LOL. Yes I get stuck in there for ages when I go in. I went to buy a receipt holder and cam out with that but also the clock, a cup and saucer, a cute pen, a “sentence a day” notebook….oops!

1. nalinki says:

Lol that’s exactly how I had imagined it

7. Wow. I must say I really like these! They look as if taken from some design magazine ๐Ÿ™‚ Great job!

Thanks so much Kristyna! I love the clean finish of magazine shots.

8. tildy1 says:

I love the photo gallery! There is just something about clocks that I like.

9. restlessjo says:

It took me a few minutes to even get past your Header! What a great effect that it ๐Ÿ™‚ But yes, rose gold works rather well ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Jo ๐Ÿ™‚ I do love that image! Thanks, it’s such a good colour. I’ve put out the reminder for birthday presents in rose gold only LOL.

10. Kat says:

I love rose gold colour too. Love all the images and you kept the best for last ๐Ÿ™‚