Are you ready for your close-up?

One of my many rubber duckies ๐Ÿ˜‰

This one is actually a mini rubber ducky. He is just 5cm high. The trouble with macro is that it shows how much I need to do some dusting!

For The Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge: Close Up. My last one, I promise!!

And for Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic.

1. tildy1 says:

Such a cheerful little duck! Cute.

Thanks Tildy! I love how he’s looking kinda backwards. He’s a mini duck, so I put him in front of his mum and dad-sized duckies so he’s looking back at them ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. tildy1 says:

Perfect collectors item!

2. Amy Sampson says:

Aww… I love rubber duckies! I’ve got nine of them on a ledge in my ensuite bathroom. I’m certain mine are dusty too.

So cute! I just had my bathroom fixed and now I have a ledge! Pride of place for the duckies ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Amy Sampson says:

Would you believe that my sister-in-law told me on the weekend that I should loose the rubber duckies? It was both shocking and funny. There were others with us “on tour” of my newly renovated bedroom/bathroom and they too had strong objections to her suggestion. Rubber duckies add character!

Diabolical! Love my rubber duckies. I’m glad others agreed with you LOL.

3. Joanne says:

Don’t you just HATE that about macro’s but GORGEOUS duck regardless! ๐Ÿ™‚

LOL thanks Joanne!

4. Adorable ๐Ÿ™‚ Makes me think of the old Sesame Street “Rubber Duckie” song: “Rubber Duckie, you’re the one, who makes bath time so much fun, Rubber Duckie I’m awfully fond of you …” ๐ŸŽถ ๐Ÿ˜„

LOL, thanks Stacy – would you believe that I made a little instagram pic last night with those exact words overlaid on the image?! I was thinking of Ernie the whole time ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. LOL, Desley! You DO know I will. It be able to get that song out of my mind for days ๐Ÿ˜‚

I’ve been muttering it for two days now – hahaha!

5. disperser says:

Last year I did a whole series of macro posts involving shells. This post (http://dispersertracks.com/2014/06/30/the-macro-files-you-shell-not-go-fourth/) involved two shoots . . . the second one after I took water, soap, and a brush to the shells to remove the dust I could not visibly see, but that had accumulated in the various radii of the shells and showed up huge in the shots.

They’re beautiful shots – such shiny shells, you obviously did a great job cleaning them. Love macro.

6. Keep your macros coming. It is never enough!