Short Shoot in Melbourne

Last week I visited Melbourne for a day trip. I left my home at 5am, worked all day, then flew out at 8pm, arriving back at my home at 11:30pm. I knew I would have a couple of hours before my flight home so I took my trusty Olympus OMD EM5 with my 17mm (35mm equivalent) lens and got these shots on a two hour stroll through one part of this beautiful city.

First up, a couple of comparison shots. Each one is a separate shot, and processed differently.

Next up – my favourite coffee shop in Melbourne – 7 Seeds. Every person who I’ve taken here has deemed it their new favourite coffee spot. The coffee is amazing – super mellow, but with a good kick. The food is delicious, the decor is very cool, warehouse-style, the staff are fabulous and they really know their stuff.

Finally, some shots taken on a stroll from Parkville into town:

For Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic – stroll on over 😉

1. I love all these photos especially the coffee shop laneway. What a great coincidence that I mentioned Seven Seeds for us to meet. It’s nice seeing a different perspective of your home city.

Oh thanks Michelle, I was hoping you liked them. I am looking forward to 7 Seeds!!

Great pics of the interesting laneways in Melbourne. I like the way you’ve captured them, very gritty and raw.

Thanks Deb. It was an overcast day so it seemed to suit it well.

3. Cool shots from Melbourne.

4. You don’t miss an opportunity! This is true passion! And you deliver the goods, better said, the jewels. Diamonds! Yes, we love diamonds!
    I like both versions in monochrome and color. And the quote with morning boost is a winner!
    Such an interesting city to live in and photograph. I am addicted to Michelle’s photos already and these just produce the same effect!
    Xx

Thank you dearest. It’s a beautiful city. Looking forward to my next visit 😉 xx

1. And here I’m eagerly waiting….

5. Loretta says:

Great shots there Desley, so many wonderful shots to capture, you must have been like a wee kind in a candy store. I took a similar picture in NYC with those same blue bicycles 🙂

Yep I was just like a tourist! Thanks so much Loretta 😄

6. pommepal says:

Love how you gave the comparisons of colour and B&W I liked both versions as they portray a completely different vibe. B&W is sinister and gritty, colour is vibrant and full of life. Great gallery and so very “Melbourne”…

Thanks PP, I couldn’t choose so I thought why not show both. I find it useful to hear how people react to each. Yes, very Melbourne, I agree 😉

7. Wonderfully captured…as usual, Miss DesleyJane!

Thanks so much Terri 😀

8. brilliant series!!! phantastic !!!

Thank you so much!!! 😀

9. andy townend says:

Great series. love the feel of the lane ways in Melbourne!

Me too Andy. Looking forward to going back tomorrow.

10. lensaddiction says:

These are great and it’s nice to see the colour and BW for comparison, I prefer the BW myself but now and tHen a splash of colour has added impact, nice job!

Thanks so much 🙂