PhotoRehab Wrap Up #16 and New Challenge #17

badge3

Cover Makeover is the our themed feature of the Photo Rehab Clinic, created by me and Lucile from Bridging Lacunas.

Every week we give a new prompt, and participants go wild, using all their creativity, and producing fabulous covers far better than the original ones used by publishers.

Welcome to last week’s Wrap up and to the new challenge.

Last week, Lucile took the advice of Julz and gave us the challenge of creating one or two Pink Floyd album covers. Here are the original covers:

Our talented group of designers came up with these marvellous covers below. If I have missed you out, I sincerely apologise. I took these which were tagged with #photorehabcovermakeover or had a pingback to Lucile’s original post.

From Julie Powell – Photographer and Graphic Artist:

From Sabina and Toby at Library of Cats:

While Disperser Tracks is away on leave, he still managed to give us a couple of intriguing covers that he made on his phone #wponthego !!

Finally, from Jennifer Nichole Wells:

I am so impressed that everyone was able to do two covers, and they are all fantastic. I’m always so happy to see such variation between each one, it’s so cool.

And we have one more fabulous entry from First Night Design:

A very cool take on the original cover. I would like to try something like this!

This week, I am thinking we do a movie again and I chose a movie based on a photo that I had taken during my The Changing Seasons shoot for October. I think I will use this photo in this month’s image reboot too.

The movie I’ve chosen is a 1981 film called On Golden Pond, starring Henry Fonda, Katherine Hepburn and Jane Fonda. I remember watching this movie on TV with my Dad when I was a kid so I have sentimental feelings for it. I’m going to watch it again, but I remember it being beautifully funny and sad family drama. Here is the synopsis from IMDB.com:

The loons are back again on Golden Pond and so are Norman Thayer, a retired professor, and Ethel who have had a summer cottage there since early in their marriage. This summer their daughter Chelsea — whom they haven’t seen for years — feels she must be there for Norman’s birthday. She and her fiance are on their way to Europe the next day but will be back in a couple of weeks to pick up the fiance’s son. When she returns Chelsea is married and her stepson has the relationship with her father that she always wanted. Will father and daughter be able to communicate at last?

Here is the original cover and our version:

Ok, so there’s your challenge, what will you do? Here are the instructions:

• Every Thursday we will give you the name of a book, music or movie, etc. and share with you our take on a new cover.
  • You will prepare you own cover by using your archive photos or shooting a new one to go with the theme.
  • Prepare your post and publish it. Remember to Ping Back (hyperlink) to this post. You may also copy your link to the comments section of this post.
    Use the tag #PhotoRehabCoverMakeover, so that we can find your post in the WP reader.
  • Add your photo to the link provided below. In this way, you expose your photo to the other participants and the audience of the Photo Rehab.
    If you wish, you can add to your post the badge we made for the challenge (below).
  • We will make a weekly wrap up of all the ingenious cover makeovers photos!
  • Every Thursday at 12:15 am CET you will find here the combined post. Immediately after that, every Thursday at 12:30 am CET, you will see the post with our version of the cover, which either Lucile or I will create. (Please Note that for the meantime, a single post will appear on either mine or Lucile’s blog at 12:15am CET).

Isn’t this a cool challenge?!
Happy Makeovering!
x Desley & Lucile.

badge3

1. Yay, great movie, great choice………….I know I know I’m too damn quick lol, here’s mine……..https://juliepowell2014.wordpress.com/2015/10/22/cover-makeover-on-golden-pond/

Wow you are fast!! Ok checking it out now 🙂

1. Lol….that’s why I get paid the bug bucks…..lol not 😉

2. Julie, you invented speed! Wonderful!

2. Reblogged this on lucile de godoy and commented:

And they did it again! Check the artists!

3. Thanks for making the wrap up this week, the best partner in crime ever! Another great round of covers. I don’t cease to be impressed by their talents. And you’re included in the list! xx

No worries my love, thank YOU for taking care of this for so long. Actually I might need you next week 😉 xx

1. Hey, this is a partnership, isn’t it? We help each other. I would take care of it next week anyways, right? xx

That would be awesome. I’ll be on a plane, trying to save our heroine lol.

1. Here is the deal: if you don’t save the heroine, I won’t do it! Fair? Lol

4. Wonderful makeovers for what I found a very tough challenge! Yes, I’ve ballsed up again and missed it by an hour!. My only excuse is that I’m living in one zone (Crete), am far more used to another zone (UK) and trying to get used to your zone. Plus I keep getting migraines, which don’t help in any way. 🙂 Love the choice of On Golden Pond – now you’re talking!

LOL no worries, I can add yours in if you’ve posted it? I’ll check. Poor thing, migraines are terrible. I hope you are feeling better.

1. I’ve got another one. I think it’s the weather. It’s been a long time since I got them so regularly. Hey ho. You’re a doll for adding me late – much thanks.

MY pleasure. Time for you to rest up and get better love.

1. Referring back to what I’ve just said on my post, I love being called ‘love’! I promise to take your advice.

Excellent, feel better!

5. Geert Smits says:

My third entry to the challenge: On Golden Pond. It’s a classic so I made an classic design – http://wp.me/pxHtY-1L9 Love the challenge 🙂

6. badfish says:

One of my favorite all time movies is THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT. I’d like to see bookcovers for it…if you’re taking suggestions???

Great idea and awesome film! Ok, thanks, you might just see it soon!! @luciledegodoy

1. Got the message and will do it next week! Thanks! Xx

It should be a fun one 🙂

2. badfish says:

cool…I haven’t really been doing the book cover thing, but I like what people come up with!

I’m sure they will be awesome.

7. A.B Mood says:

Your version of “On Golden Pond” looks like a great book cover as well! Stunning ❤

Thank you!! I adore this photo, but it didn’t start out quite so pretty 😉

1. A.B Mood says:

Oh I’m sure of that 🙂 You have a great eye, and an amazing skill to accompany it 🙂

8. As someone who found out the hard way, I’d suggest you correct the spelling of Katharine Hepburn’s name in your artwork or she will come back and haunt you. From Ernest Thompson (the guy what thought the thing up)

Oops! Thank you, I will.

9. Sabina Ayne says:

Katharine Hepburn is our favorite actor!!! Here’s my entry: https://libraryofcats.wordpress.com/2015/10/24/on-golden-pond/

Excellent entry. Thanks so much for joining in again 😄😄