Beautiful Brisbane – October 2015

I feel like this might have been my last Changing Seasons (hosted by Cardinal Guzman) shoot for Brisbane. Maybe I can fit one more in? Not sure…

I met up with an old friend and we went on a walk around Southbank with our cameras and our conversation, visiting all the usual spots as well as a couple of new ones.

Here are the posts from previous months:

January
March
May
July
August (1)
August (2)

1. A great way to end your changing seasons from Brisbane. The night shots are wonderful. Now I’m looking forward to see photos from Melbourne! (You can always continue the challenge from Melbourne).

Thanks Max. I will!! Magical Melbourne maybe?

2. Jonno says:

Love your photos Desley, really great depth and colour in all of them. Brisbane is a fabulous city, just visiting for a couple of weeks, and you must love all of the varied photo opportunities. We’ve taken a few ‘visitor’ pics but nothing like yours. We’ve really fallen for Brisbane though, it’s such a great place. Just hope we’ve done the place justice with our little blog (https://jwalkingin.wordpress.com/).

Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hi Jonno. I had a read of your Brissie post and have left a comment there. So glad you enjoyed our beautiful city. Enjoy Sydney and make sure you go to the not-very-well-known Larkin Street Lookout for some really good shots of the Sydney Harbour!

1. Jonno says:

Made a note of it already Desley. If it’s half as nice as Brisbane I’ll be well pleased.

3. What a beautiful tribute to the lovely city of Brisbane! I love all your pics and especially like the ones of the lizard and seagulls! Hope all is going well with your move:) Have a great weekend!

4. afairymind says:

A beautiful gallery, Desley. I love the night shots. πŸ™‚

5. I am going to miss Brisbane, which I never visited, but I am excited about your new shooting sessions in Melbs.
    This gallery is a very fine tribute to the city that you love and you showed it in every single shot. Jaw dropping shots, and awe inspiring as usual. Made by the Empress and Queen of Photography!
    xx

Oh my dearest. Thank you so much. I will miss it too. I will try to get some shots when I come back to visit. But yes, I can’t wait for Melbs either πŸ˜‰

1. You’ll make even more stunning photos there!!xx

6. GF-Chopstix says:

Love them all! I especially like the shots of the Ferris Wheel.

Thanks Sandi! I think the wheel is pink for breast cancer awareness month.

1. GF-Chopstix says:

What a lovely sentiment, and a huge show of support for breast cancer.

7. Loretta says:

Desley, it’s been a while, and I’ve been meaning to contact you. I’ve been traveling a lot this summer and pretty sporadic on the blogging world. But when I was away, I saw your post about the move and selling your place etc. My immediate thoughts were? NO, she can’t take her pink door with her :)). Ahh well, change is good eh? I wish you loads of luck in your new venture, loads of new possibilities to capture via your camera and may you continue to produce the beautiful work that you do. I’m off across the pond to see my Mother for a couple of weeks, so will be missing again for a while, but just wanted to reach out and wish you luck! The pictures are gorgeous.

Thank you so much Loretta. Yes my pink door will belong to someone else soon. I hope they love it as much as I do. But yes, change is good, I’m looking forward to a new beginning and a new place for photos. Enjoy your time with your mum and see you again soon!!

8. brittabottle says:

Ah, such lovely photos, as always. The night photos are absolutely fantastic! I hope everything is going well with your moving process. πŸ™‚

Thanks so much Britta. We’re having an open home today for buyers to come through and see my place. So fingers crossed!!

9. Great shots. I like the boy on the scooter the best!

Thank you!! I wondered who might notice that one. He seemed all alone and having a ball!

10. Lovely photos dj! Lizard is great!

Thanks JillyP!! He’s been in the wars I think, missing part of his tail.
      I wanted to tell you, I made a mistake. I didn’t watch scream queens on the weekend, it was Ep 1 of the Scream TV show. It was brilliant, very similar feel to the original movie. I watched scream queens last night, pretty good, pretty funny, but not very scary πŸ˜•

11. andy says:

Fabulous shots, Desley !! Night shots are ammaaaazzzingg !! ❀ Melbourne awaits πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

Thank you Andy!! I must go back with a tripod and get some more 😊

12. Heyjude says:

Love your night shots, unfortunately where I live there aren’t many lights! And what is that statue? An elephant upside down and a rat? What have I missed?

Thank you! Yes it’s a much maligned but I think wonderful sculpture representing how something so small can turn the world on its head. My January post I think has more detail. I love it and try to go there often.

1. Heyjude says:

I will check out the January post πŸ™‚

13. Robyn G says:

Great post and beautiful photos Desley Jane.

Thanks so much Robyn.

14. pommepal says:

You have done Brissie proud DJ. Love this gallery. Good luck with the open house.

Thanks so much PP.

You’ve really captured Brisbane so well over the past few months and despite not really having ‘seasons’ like some other places do you’ve shown us some lovely places! I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing ‘your’ Brisbane and am looking forward to seeing ‘your’ Melbourne too sometime in the future.

Thanks Deb. I appreciate that. 😊😊

16. A.B Mood says:

Ooo look at that ferris wheel ❀ Beautiful pictures as always Desley πŸ™‚ ❀

So pretty in pink for breast cancer awareness πŸ™‚

17. kirsten says:

Such diversity in Brisbane! Fabulous photographs. The Ferris Wheel ones are beautiful – vivid colors.

Thanks Kirsten. I will miss my wheel!! Melbourne has one too, I’ll just have to find the right spot to capture it πŸ˜‰

18. trablogger says:

Brisbane is indeed beautiful. Loved the pictures of the giant wheel.

Thank you. I will miss it.

19. What a fun memory to go along with some great shots! Wonderful!