Beautiful Brisbane – July 2015

Here is my post for Cardinal Guzman’s Changing Seasons event. This is a very cool event where we are tasked with going back to the same location each month and taking photographs there to see the changes that occur from season to season. I have only done this every second month, I have to admit! I’ve put links to my previous months at the end of this post.

My location is Southbank in Brisbane, which is one of the most popular recreational areas in our city. There are numerous cafes, large strips of grass to sit and relax, lots of wide footpaths were you can stroll, jog, run, walk the dog, push your stroller – there are even man-made beaches there!

This month, I stayed on the south side so I didn’t make it to the art gallery or science museum. Consequently, I don’t have any pictures of my upturned elephant this month, or any from the gallery, but I will go back there in the next few weeks.

I’ve also included just two shots of the Brisbane Wheel just to let you know that it’s all back together again – last time it was being repaired and I used the shot for the weekly photo challenge – Broken.

Being in Brisbane, we don’t have the extreme changes in seasons that other places have – our winter temperatures are quite mild, although this is quite a cold winter this year. We had snow this week in places that have not seen snow in over 30 years. We usually don’t get below 6 or 7 degrees Celsius in Brisbane and usually only for a few days and only for a couple of hours very early in the morning. This year however, we have had sustained 4 or 5 degrees temperature overnight for more than a week! I am actually really enjoying this weather – it makes you seek out the sunshine, and we still have plenty of that!

I hope you enjoyed this little trip to one of my favourite parts of this beautiful city. My previous posts are here:

January     /     March     /     May

1. I wish that we had plenty of sunshine too!!

Thanks CG. And thanks for your comments on the photos. I’m on my iPhone so can’t reply individually. Will do that later. 😊

1. I hate iphone replying too! 🙂

Agreed. How are you doing with yours hols?

2. nalinki says:

so beautiful!

3. Beautiful selection of photos! I love the colours in the final evening shot. It’s a great idea to return to locations to witness the change of the seasons, going to take a peek at the other months!

Thanks Adele. It’s a great idea of Cardinal’s. I really love going back there to see it each time. And I see so many new things each time.

4. I love how you’re never lazy to shoot those fantastic pictures. Everytime I see one of your posts I lean back and I know I’ll have food for my imagination on your blog. Thank you for this ❤️

Oh what a lovely thing to say. I was feeling lazy about only going every two months. But I love this challenge.

1. You’re absolutely not! 😉 it’s a lot of work to get such pics!

5. Brisbane is lovely!! I so enjoyed seeing your amazing pics and especially like the Ferris wheel ones! I’m sorry the weather has been colder this winter…I am sending you warm wishes from NYC!

Thanks so much Lia. I’m loving the colder weather actually because it’s still sunny and fabulous. But I will definitely take your warm wishes from NYC 😄 Thanks again.

6. Spectacular photo gallery. Love the ferris wheel ones. Curves and angle…

Thank you. I’ve scheduled a post for next week with a bunch of wheel photos. I’m quite in love with it lol.

7. You make your city look very inviting. My few brief forays, + your post, and I’m eager to return. The first and last shots draw me particularly.

Thank you. Please visit us any time 😄

8. elmoolly says:

Looking good miss d…loved the purple on the edge on the river x

Thanks dear. It was a gorgeous evening, the colours were amazing. You’ll see more in the wheel pics next week 😉

I love this gallery. You’ve captured many different views of the area along with the light and colours. I must admit to loving the wheel from the front on view in monochrome – it’s superb!

Thank you Deb. I think this is my favourite month of the changing seasons so far. More wheel photos to come next week 😉

10. Love those ferris wheel shots!

Thanks Melissa. Am planning a separate post for more of those next week 🙂

11. brittabottle says:

Ah, so nice to see The Wheel put back together again. You got some great shots of it, too. 🙂 Really, all these photos are beautifully composed. You have such a talent for capturing your city in such a lovely light.

Oh thanks so much Britta. It was fun to go back again, I had really missed getting out to do this one.

12. Amy Sampson says:

Beautiful, as always! I think your “watching the world” could have been another fabulous submission for the “half and half” challenge. 🙂

13. Your photos are so amazing that even when mixed into the gallery the whole composition looks good! 🙂 Very beautiful city!

Thank you Terri. That’s a lovely compliment. X

14. Desley, what wonderful images of Brisbane! Each and every one held something special, but Building Aglow and Sunset (I think that’s what they are titled) and the gorgeous sky behind the Brisbane Wheel just made me say wow. Your black and white shots are equally stunning. Thanks for a lovely photo tour 🙂

Thank you so much Stacy. This challenge has really been wonderful, helping me to fully appreciate my city, making me brave to shoot people (those are coming up) and going out shooting is such a calming experience.
      The wheel is my favourite. I only showed the two images because I’ve made a post dedicated to just the wheel. I think it’s scheduled for tomorrow. Thanks again.

1. Ooh, people! Now that IS brave. Still my Achilles heel … I’m looking forward to seeing your posts 🙂

Yah I’m still scared lol.

15. Another fabulous selection of photos. It is such a beautiful city and you make it even more impressive with your stunning photos. This mix of monochrome and colors is great. And the monochromes are superior, as always. I keep learning a lot from you, master! My respect.

Why thank you! Come visit us soon!! How much fun we would have doing a shoot there. X

16. Heyjude says:

Great photography of your city. I love the black and white images and also those sunsets – gorgeous!
    Jude xx

Thanks so much Jude!

17. afairymind says:

A great collection of pictures, Desley. I particularly like ‘Skyscraper and City Cat’ – such gorgeous colours. The shot ‘Follow the Path’ is also quite fascinating with the zig-zagging lines. 🙂