Beautiful Brisbane – August 2015 (1)

I just found out this is my 300th post!!

This is the first time I’ve managed to do two Changing Seasons posts in two consecutive months! Usually, I skip every second month because of my travels. If you don’t know it already, this is a challenge set up by Cardinal Guzman to encourage us to go out shooting once a month to document the seasonal changes in the area. I love this challenge – it has helped my photography skills and I’ve since developed a different perspective of this beautiful city.

I did two shoots in August (already!) – the first Sunday, where I strolled the afternoon away with my camera. And the second Saturday, where my friend and I went out to celebrate my birthday. I was going to combine the best into a single post but when I went through the shots there were too many that I wanted to share. So instead, I’ve broken them up into a few themes and a few different posts.

This is the first series, a lazy Sunday afternoon, captured in black and white.

More to come…

1. I’m not usually a fan of b&w but I love this lot. You really capture Sunday afternoon laziness.

Excellent. Thanks so much, that’s what I was hoping for πŸ™‚

2. Beautiful. I’m looking forward to see the Saturday (late, night party photos??) post!

Heheh thanks CG. They probably won’t be as exciting as you think πŸ˜‰

3. Paula says:

Congratulations on the 300th post. I had no idea how cool you are in B&W! πŸ™‚

Oh so cool LOL πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ Thanks so much Paula, I really do appreciate that!

4. I love Brisbane in black and white. You’ve made this beautiful city look even better.

Thanks Michelle! That’s so nice to hear πŸ™‚

5. Also, congrats on your 300th post. A significant achievement.

Oh thanks so much, I had no idea I was there!

6. Congratulations my Queen! You rock.
    This gallery is excellent. I love to see your sharp eye and technical prowess walking the streets of Brisbane, holding hands and producing so much beauty.
    Way to go! Xx

Thank you my Ninja Empress. xx

7. Norm 2.0 says:

Congrats on 300!

8. disperser says:

The second and fifth are my favorites of the group. Nice gallery.

9. Fantastic gallery! I absolutely adore black and whites πŸ™‚

10. kirsten says:

Congrats on 300 posts! You have a knack for monochrome shot! These are fantastic. I especially like the first one. The angled arch is gorgeous!

Cheers Kirsten! Much appreciated 😍

11. These are wonderful! I see you are having nice weather…I thought you would still be in late winter/early spring.

Thanks Terri. It’s cold for us LOL. Mid-teens during the day and down to 8 overnight. That’s Celsius of course! But it feels fabulous in the sunshine πŸ˜„

1. I love those cold sunny days!

Me too. The best kind.

2. Heyjude says:

Those cold sunny days in Brisbane are equal to our summer temperatures this year! Yikes!

Oops, yes it’s strange to think that. Second day of spring here and the temperature range is 14-26 Celsius. πŸ˜‹

12. Heyjude says:

Love your monochrome images, they are beautifully clear and this gallery really does depict a lazy Sunday afternoon. Do you shoot in B&W or in colour and then post process?

Hi Jude. Thanks so much. I shoot in colour, but in RAW and post process to convert to black and white. I was pretty happy with this gallery. Thanks again.

1. Heyjude says:

OK. Good to know. Thank you for all your advice, it is most welcome. I don’t shoot in RAW yet – maybe I will once I have got to grips with the camera more. I take too many photos at the moment to do that amount of post processing, but in the future I can see myself cutting down and just taking a few.