Beautiful Brisbane – August 2015 (2)

This is my second post for Cardinal’s Changing Seasons Challenge for August. The first post was from a lazy Sunday afternoon.

The photos in today’s post are from the Saturday night when my friend and I went out for my birthday dinner – we started the evening with a stroll through the Southbank Markets, taking shots all the way. Then we stopped by the wheel for my Wheel-ly Long Exposures shoot, before heading to dinner at Harajuku Gyoza. Those who have connected with me on FaceBook and Instagram would have seen the iPhone shots from dinner πŸ˜‰

It was a fun night and I was happy with the shots that came out of it. If you noticed the rack of collars and leashes in the gallery above, I should add that I bought Miss Gidget a new collar and lead, pictures below. Have a great day!

1. Absolutely lovely photos! Each and every picture is stunning! ❀

Thank you so much!

2. What a shot of the Wheel and the bougainvillea arches, particularly, but not only. Miss Gidget looks very charming.

Thanks so much for that. MissG just had a big bowl of chicken and rice (so did I actually) and she’s now sleeping beside me πŸ˜€

Fantastic shots Desley! You’ve surpassed yourself with 2 entries this month, way to go girl! I love the walking away from the wheel photo, it is really evocative. Also think that the new collar is a winner!

Thanks again Deb. I love this challenge. Thanks so much, GG goes to the collar and sits by it when she wants to get out and about. πŸ˜€

4. A good idea to split it in two posts. I will learn from your wisdom, instead of posting 100 photos like I did in my post. πŸ™‚ Great to see some night scenes from Brisbane and I hope you enjoyed your birthday! Happy birthday to you!

Thanks so much. It was a really fun weekend of celebrations.

5. Such a pretty city,Brisbane ! Thank you for taking us along with you on your evening out!
    I especially like the earrings, bandana and emu/llama paintings!
    Happy Monday :))

Thank you Lia! I am so happy to take you along with me. Happy Monday to you too πŸ™‚

6. DJ, you’re a superstar. Twice this month? And delivering fabulous galleries in both occasions! I wish I were there to celebrate your birthday!

I wish you were here too 😭 Thank you dearest x.

7. disperser says:

Nice photos . . . but which one of the persons is Brisbane?

8. The photo entitled Taking Time Out is outstanding! And your images with Ferris Wheels never disappoint!

Thank you Lisa, I love that one too but I think it gets hidden amongst the others in the gallery. Thanks so much.

1. Well it certainly jumped out at me!

Excellent! I’m so glad! Thanks Lisa πŸ˜„

9. Amy Sampson says:

They are all fabulous, as usual. Frenchie in Bandana was my favourite until, of course, I got to Gidget. So sweet.

Aw thanks Amy πŸ™‚

10. brittabottle says:

Gidget looks simply dashing in her new collar. πŸ™‚

The Market looks like such a fun place…and I do always love seeing a new picture up of The Wheel!

Thanks I will tell her you said so. The market IS fun, I haven’t been in ages but I will definitely go back soon πŸ˜‰

11. Heyjude says:

More wonderful images. You certainly sell your city DJ, in colour and monochrome.

Thanks again, this monthly challenge has really helped me find some great spots and learn more about what I’m doing. And made me appreciate this place even more.

1. Heyjude says:

Yes, it seems that when you go around your local environment with a camera in front of your eyes you see things differently. And then you start to play with the shots πŸ™‚

Absolutely. It’s so much fun.