The Yellow (and Pink) Rose of Brisbane

A little while ago, I posted this photo amongst my garden shoot:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It was quite a popular photo, so the following weekend, I went and photographed some more buds on the same rosebush. This rose is beautifully complex. It starts as a yellow bud and then opens with pink tips on the petal. As it matures, it turns completely pink. Now…. you know I love pink, but I think this rose is incredibly beautiful in yellow.

And below is a larger look at the rosebush which shows the progression in one shot. There is actually a cluster of 5 roses around the base as well – such a crazy little plant.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
For Lucile’s Photo 101 Rehab Clinic.

1. badfish says:

DJ…you are really good at taking photos of flowers!! That first image ROCKS! They are all great. Love the color, the compositions.

Thanks so much. I love doing flowers. And they’re right there in my garden!!

1. badfish says:

must be a big garden?

I have a small front garden and a large back garden. Nothing fancy, just garden beds, simple and low maintenance. But fascinating micro worlds await!!

1. badfish says:

How cool. I live on the 21st floor. No yard, no garden. I do have some indoor plants, but no flowers…until the fern flowers.

I had the opportunity of getting an 18th floor apartment in Melbourne but I think Gidget needs a little garden too.

1. badfish says:

I’m not a real fan of high-rise living…I mean, what if there’s a fire, or earthquake. But the view is good. I just read on another blog you are selling your place? Where is it, Mebourne? Does the garden come with it?

I watch too many disaster movies too! It’s in Brisbane. Comes with free gardens. πŸ˜„

1. badfish says:

I’m looking for a home, a place to settle down. Always wanted to live in OZ. They used to pay for people to move there. I can’t believe I didn’t do that then.

Did they really pay people? Wow. It’s definitely a great place to live.

2. badfish says:

Yeah…why didn’t I just go? I’ve always wanted to move there and cultivate their accent.

3. Debbie says:

Baddie, you should come to australia, you’d fit right in. the people they paid to come to our fair country were the “ten pound pommies”. you won’t be able to bring Duncan though. There’s border checks.

Hahaha he totally should. If you like pink, I’ve got just the house for you Badfish!!

2. PedalWORKS says:

These photos are beautiful. I have just started following, thanks to Restart Urgently Needed.

Oh thank you so much! And thanks to Becky! I will pop over and see your blog too.

What lovely roses! You’ve captured them beautifully.

4. Norah says:

Stunning! What a very clever plant! πŸ™‚

Thanks Norah! Exactly – it’s such an artistic little fella πŸ˜‰

5. I think this rose is a scientific experiment from a secret admirer, who knows you love pink.
    Amazing shots, DJ! Love them all without exception.

Ooooo that sounds like my kind of secret admirer!! Thank you πŸ™‚

1. I knew it! πŸ€“πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

6. What heavenly colors ! You’ve captured these roses in a way that makes them pop off the screen! Bravissima!

Thank you Lia! They are wonderful roses.

7. Beautifully done from every angle, Desley!

Thanks so much Terri.

Thanks Amy πŸ™‚

8. As always, beautifully captured! Flowers always make me so happy!

Thank you, me too. I think they’re my favourite subject. πŸ™‚

9. kirsten says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Your macro shots of flowers are always marvelous. I love the progression of color that takes place as the rose blooms.

Thank you! Flowers are such a good subject πŸ™‚

10. Debbie says:

What a spectular rose!!! incredible how it just …. well.. blushes… then changes colour. hope you have some rose growing spaces in melbourne – when do you move?…. small front garden and large back garden.. sounds just like my place north of brissie – i had some roses i my garden once – hardly tended them and they still bloomed beauitfully – my elderly neighbour was jealous!!!!

Heheheh. It’s funny isn’t it, sometimes they just grow because they can. Are you getting this storm right now?! Crazy!