iPhriday – Homemade Nutella?

I’m joining Lisa at GrayDaysandCoffee and posting an iPhone photo on a Friday. I think it’s a neat idea and I will try to post each week. If you want to join in (any phone of course), just use the tag iPhriday.

Here’s a shot of some homemade Nutella made by Monsieur Truffle at a cafe called East Elevation in Mebourne. At $18 a jar, it’s special-occasion-only! These day-specific challenges are always interesting because us Aussies are generally a day ahead. But oh well….

This post was made completely within the WP app for iOS.

1. Yummy! I bet it is delish!

Kind of too good LOL.

2. Su Leslie says:

Looks delish! But there is a part of me that’s saying “eighteen bucks — Aussie! It can’t be that much better than the hazelnut-chocolate spread I made for the boy-child.” P’raps I need to get out more!

Yah I was shocked when I read the receipt. The good thing is it’s just hazlenuts and cocoa powder, no other ingredients. The bad thing is that it’s like natural peanut butter where the oil separates out. But yes, definitely delish. A spoonful in my coffee? Divine.

1. Su Leslie says:

I’ doing this thing with my son (who’s about to leave home) where I feel compelled to demonstrate how easy it is to eat well on a budget if you understand food. He loves Nutella, so we made some – hazelnuts and cocoa powder with a smidge of maple syrup (cos he’s a teenager with a sweet-tooth). It really was pretty yummy! Poor kid will probably rebel and live on instant noodles!

That’s awesome, I’ve never thought of making it myself but it’s a great idea. Yum. And yes, most likely instant noodles. Is he moving far away?

1. Su Leslie says:

It’s not so much a case of him leaving home, as home leaving him! I know that sounds terrible, but his father and I have decided it’s time to retreat to the country. The boy-child wants/needs to stay in town. So it will probably be more a case of how far away we move. I hope not too far. I think I’m beginning to feel empty-nest syndrome.

Oh no! But yay for you! He’ll be ok – so many life skills to perfect 😉

1. Su Leslie says:

I think you are right. But it’s much scarier for me than for him.

🙂 as expected. He’s lucky to have you.

3. loisajay says:

Nutella? Homemade by Monsieur Truffle (oh, how I love that name)? I’ll pay you back…… 🙂

LOL, absolutely. So good! And such a great cafe. I had a peanut butter hot chocolate – one of those thick italian style ones made with dark chocolate and peanut butter. OMG. x

4. Fabulous!! And you should post on your Friday if it’s easier to remember!

LOL, thanks I will or my brain will probably explode 😀

1. haha! well I could post on Thursdays and call it iPhriday on Ozzie Time!

LOL, that would be funny. I think we will be ok 😉

5. A.B Mood says:

Homemade Nutella.. *heavy breathing* O_O

6. badfish says:

first Nutella selfie ever???!! At 18 bucks a jar?

Ha! Yah a bit much….

7. Looks yummie! I would eat the whole thing quickly 😦

LOL I’ve restrained myself to a spoonful on opening and then one a day in a coffee.
      However I feel the need for another spoonful soon!