The Trek North

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and holiday season so far. I did the long trek north in the car with my Dad a few days before Christmas. It was 1,064km and took us a little over 13 hours (see the map at the end of this post for a good idea of our route). Poor MissG did not enjoy the highway driving. This month, I wasn’t home long enough to do my Changing Seasons shoot, so I thought I would share some iPhone shots from my driveΒ up.

I have had a wonderful time with my family since I’ve been here. We’ve spent each day together and have visited with relatives every couple of days. It’s been two months since my family moved back up here, although it feels like an age. And it’s so very interesting to come back and see this area again. So much has changed, and yet so much is still the same. It feels weird but very familiar as well. More to come on that in another post.

Brisbane_QLD_to_Mackay__Queensland_-_Google_Maps

1. So glad you’ve had a good time with family, and I hope you’re feeling better. MissG is SO CUTE, even when she’s in a bad way!

Much better now thanks Lisa. It’s been so good being here but it’s almost time to head back and pack up the house! Yes MissG is a cutie, I love her to bits. Thank you. Did you have a good Christmas?

1. It was a great time with family. I hope your transition goes smoothly, and G has an easy time of it!

So glad to hear that you had a great time. It’s one of the best times of the year, isn’t it? Thank you, I hope it all goes well too. On track so far but haven’t really started the hard stuff πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

2. Love road trips and this was a good one indeed. I hope Gidget has recovered!

Thanks Lisa! We have the 13 hour trip back tomorrow…😬 We’ve taken her on a few long drives (2 hours) since I’ve been here and she seems to handle it a little better. We shall see… Happy New Year!

1. Have a safe trip and a Happy New Year!

3. What a lot of travelling. Poor you and GG but sounds worth it. Stunning iphone shots esp the last xx

Thanks so much hun x. The poor darling really wasn’t coping.

4. Heyjude says:

Makes my 4 hour journey look like a mere stroll! But I loathe travelling at Christmas time, far too many cars on the road and such horrid weather (here in the UK) but when family are far-flung you have no choice!

LOL yes quite a long trip, so tiring. I am really feeling my age. Actually older. Ugh. And there’s another 22 hours ahead of us. Ok I’ll stop complaining now πŸ˜‰ I hope your 4 hours was absolutely worth it. I heard that the weather is quite bad there. Best wishes for some reprieve!

1. Heyjude says:

It is WET! And barely gets light. I miss light 😦

I can not imagine!!

5. Long drive, Desley, you survived! Beautiful shots and loved the map! Hope MissG feels better! Cheers to a fab New Year for you!

Yes we survived! Only just! And the trek back south again. Just another 22 hours to go once we pack up the house. Hopefully GG will be better on the next leg πŸ˜‰
      Thank you! Happy New Year to you too!!

It’s such a big country isn’t it? I’m glad you’ve enjoyed some time with your family and have managed to recharge your batteries. All the best for 2016 xx

Thanks dear Deb. We are back in Brissie now, madly packing up the house before we head further south. Yah, such a massive country πŸ˜‰ Best wishes for 2016 for you too xox.

7. I’m glad that you got to spend some time with your family, that is what the holidays are all about πŸ™‚ I love that you can capture anything, anywhere, any time with any device and they still have your unique stamp all over them!

Oh thank you, that’s very kind 😊😊

8. A.B Mood says:

Stunning as always πŸ™‚ I’m dying for a road trip myself. Glad you had such an amazing time ^_^

It’s good fun for a while but I’ve done almost 4,000km since December 20th and that’s quite enough for now LOL. But I had a wonderful time with family and friends. Happy new year to you!

9. Now THAT’s a serious road trip! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time and glad to hear you made the return journey safe and sound. And I just have to say your iPhone photos are simply stunning! Amazing what can come out of that camera when one really knows how to “see,” which you definitely do!!

So when is the big move? I’m currently decluttering my home of 20 years in anticipation of downsizing now that our youngest has left for college. We promised the first summer home to remain here, which is a good thing as it’s going to take some time and some home improvement projects to get it market ready! It’s an adventure πŸ™‚

Happiest of New Years to you, Desley. Looking forward to contjju

Thanks Stacy! It feels like ages since we chatted. I am officially moved. Another road trip to get us here and I’ve been here for a week now. No home internet so everything is running off the mobile phone at the moment so I’m not posting much until it’s all sorted at home. But it was a great move, I’m loving it. Downsizing was a huge job but extremely satisfying. I think I will decluttered a little more as I unpack and settle in. So good to hear from you Stacy. Happy new year! X

1. Oh, so glad to hear, Desley! I guess that means your home sold? New year, new beginnings – all very exciting. I have to admit I’m a bit envious that you’re through it and I’m just beginning πŸ˜‰ And, yes, it has been forever since we’ve chatted. So nice to catch up a bit!

Don’t be too envious, unpacking is diabolical LOL πŸ˜‰ Good luck with your decluttering X.

1. True that πŸ™‚ Okay. I won’t be πŸ™‚

10. ^oops – darn iPhone. Apparently hit post without intending to 😦 Anyway, as I was saying, looking forward to more of your fabulous photos in 2016!