Sarina Beach

This post was written before New Year’s Eve and I somehow neglected to post it…

Finally it’s raining and the weather is much cooler, it’s beautiful. The only sacrifice is the loss of blue skies, but I love a good dark cloud, so I’m ok with it. We took a drive while my brother was at work today and went to Sarina Beach and Campwin Beach. It was crazy windy, as evidenced by my sideways hair in theย selfie! Dad says I look like Donald Trump!

Please excuse my incredibly dirty lens, I will clean it!

This beach is just 8km from the house I grew up in (see the shot with Gidget checking out the sign to J. Pitcher’s Road, the road was named forย my Dad). We used to ride our bikes down there when we were kids, such good fun, playing in the water, having fish and chips, or lollies from the corner store. Once I was old enough,ย Mum used to send me down to the corner store in their car to get milk or eggs or whatever couldn’t wait until morning.

1. brittabottle says:

Ohh, looks like a wonderful day with your family! The pictures are lovely, despite the dirty lense. ๐Ÿ™‚

And oh my goodness, your dad has a ROAD named after him? That’s so cool!

Thanks Britta. It was lots of fun. Yep that’s the road I grew up on. Our farm was at the end of the road. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

2. Yes, go clean your dirty potty lens!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I can’t see the dirty lens but I can see a lovely post about going home where you grew up. Glad you had a good time xx

Thanks Deb. It was great going home. X

4. Heyjude says:

You are your mother’s daughter! ๐Ÿ˜€

LOL thank you?! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‹

5. Loretta says:

Awww lovely family pictures Desley, I had to LOL when I read the Donald Trump reference :). What a moron he is! :). I really like your new blog look – I’ve been so tempted to change mine actually, but I’m too afraid to press any buttons that I might regret later on. I would actually like to find one that would display better pictures than the theme I’m using at the moment.

Thanks Loretta. Yah I lol at Trump a lot! You can preview what your blog will look like in the customizer. If you don’t like it, you just don’t save it. I went through so many when I was trying to find one to suit. I’m thinking of changing again maybe ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Loretta says:

Ha ha Desley.. everyone around the world LOL’s at Trump. Ya, I know I tried things out in the customizer, but then I was afraid to revamp other things, in case I messed up, so I left it alone. I’m not as tech savvy as you ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Amy Sampson says:

Aww… love Gidget and the sign.

Thanks Amy! ๐Ÿ˜Š

7. pommepal says:

I have very fond memories of freedom camping at Sarina beach. Your family must have long connections with the area to have a road named after them. Loved seeing dear little Gidget. How is she adjusting to Melbourne?

We used to camp there as well, usually at Easter. Actually more often at another little secluded beach called Mick Ready’s. Such fond memories, as you say. My grandad and grandma settled in Sarina in the early 1910’s and the family is still there as well as scattered over the country. MissG is loving it. We go for a walk at least twice a day to the park and she’s met many other puppies and humans who all seem to love her. She seems to be doing ok.

1. pommepal says:

You sound settled in already.

8. I adore this post! Especially the selfie with your parents and the gorgeous hibiscus pic! And Gidget is a cutie as always! Thank you for sharing of piece of your history with us!

Thank you Lia! It was so windy that day that the hibiscus was flapping like crazy in the breeze. I had to use a very fast shutter. My pleasure, thank you for reading ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

9. tildy1 says:

You sure grew up in a pretty place! I love the family selfie!

Thanks so much ๐Ÿ˜„

1. tildy1 says:

You are welcome. Hope you are getting settled in to your new location!

I am thank you! About to head out for some photos I think. If I can drag myself away from the cuteness that is Gidget.

1. tildy1 says:

Gidget really is the cutest little thing!