iPhriday – Contemplating Life and Eternity

I have started taking a different route to work lately and I have discovered this bicycle rack with this same sign attached.

It kind of makes you wonder which would be the worst eternal predicament – stuck in traffic, stuck on a bicycle or stuck trudging along the same old footpath.

Which would you choose?

Posted for Lisa’s iPhriday.

1. Hi dj! Can I choose stuck on the subway? Just kidding. I would hate to be always on the same path. Your post reminds me of sign in my neighborhood above a clock at an accounting office. It reads Time to make a plan. That always gets to me!

Yes! I love reading signs in the street, I’m always looking out for them and having a chuckle. I would hate to be on the same path as well. Could you imagine?!

2. susurrus says:

If the ancients had known about traffic jams, I’m pretty Sisyphus would have been stuck in traffic rather than rolling a rock.

3. Norah says:

Nothing like a bit of philosophizing on the way to work to wake up the brain cells!

Exactly! Sometimes a little too deep if I haven’t had my coffee.

4. Loretta says:

food for thought on your way to work eh?

Yes exactly! I’ll keep my eyes peeled for some more!

5. I love the way you think! And right of the bat I would say stuck in traffic, but I don’t think my boohiney would hurt as much if I were stuck on a bike…so I’ll say stuck on a bike!

1. I mean my boohiney wouldn’t hurt as much if I were stuck in traffic haha!

Thanks Lisa! LOL I’ve never heard the term boohiney before. Hooha!

1. The first time I heard it was from the downhill skier Peekabo Street. She called hers that when she was describing a fall!

Hahahaha love it.

6. I’d choose the same old footpath – never in fact quite the same and time to appreciate the fact.

1. Yes. Definitely. Me too. Good answer! 🙂

Nice thought. And I figure the people would always be changing and the weather so as long as I have my camera, I’d say the footpath too. Although I do love singing along to music in my car.

Interesting question!! I think I’d go for stuck on a bike. The things we see around us make life just that bit more interesting sometimes don’t they??

They sure do Deb. I’m not sure about the bike for me though – I can’t imagine how my back would feel halfway to eternity! 🙂

No that’s a good point, you need your back in good working order from now until eternity!

LOL not to mention the boot-ay.

8. pommepal says:

That does not look to be bike friendly traffic, no wonder the sign was on the bike. I think I’ll walk, or maybe catch the bus…

Ah yes I didn’t even think of public transport! Good idea.

1. pommepal says:

If I remember rightly they have free buses in the CBD