Melbourne Streets 1

I joined in the IG’ers Melbourne meetup this month – an Instagram group which hosts photo walks in your city. It was a great day walking the streets of Fitzroy and Carlton in Melbourne city.

I wanted to take shots that were a little different, so I popped the 60mm macro lens on and approached the graffiti-laden streets up close and personal. I’ll share the shots with you over a few posts.

The Crew.

1. RuthsArc says:

Interesting perspective Desleyjane. Looking forward to future posts about this colourful street art 🙂

2. inidna says:

Love it! Makes me miss Melbourne so much – finding street art gems was always a fun weekend activity when I was living there 🙂

3. Great pics and a wonderful perspective, love the shots

Melbourne has some amazing street art and I like the way that you have captured these shots. I’m sure you’ll enjoy discovering more places to photograph!

Thanks Deb. I’m trying to make sure I have enough photos to do one post each week just for Melbourne streets.

5. Great cropping for the sidebar. Looking forward to more IG shots.

Oh thank you! I’ll have to check it on the computer to see how the cropping looks. I confess WP decides how to crop lol.

6. That’s a cool wall piece.

7. pommepal says:

That sounds a very interesting group you have joined, great way to explore Melbourne. If this is just a taste I’m looking forward to more street art

It’s a great group. I think they exist in most capital cities. Thanks PP.

8. anneharrison says:

Just love the street art in Melbourne, but I’ve never taken any decent photos – thanks for the inspiration! I can’t wait to see more of your shots.

Oh thank you! I’ve made it into a little series so there’ll be a new “Melbourne Streets” post each Sunday.

9. Lignum Draco says:

Sounds like a good time. I thought of doing one of those guided street art tours, but in the end, I just wandered aimlessly and walked into any lane I could find. I did have a list of 5 lanes to visit though which were all worthwhile visiting.

They are wonderful places to go. I did them quite quickly once before so I’m planning to do a day in the next month or so and get some new shots.