Macro Garden Series – 7

Another bright and intricate flower from the garden series. The colours were so vibrant. I was expecting to find bees on these flowers, but there weren’t any.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Shot at Wilson Botanic Park with my Olympus OMD EM5 with my 60mm (120mm equivalent) macro lens.

I think this is my last entry to Jude’s Macro in the Garden challenge. What fun April has been. I can’t stop now, many more macro garden shots coming ๐Ÿ™‚

1. It’s a lovely shot. You really got mileage out of Wilson Botanic Park didn’t you? This colour is mine, as yours is pink, I think. Blame it on Scorpio.

I did!! I scheduled out one post every Thursday for 15 weeks. And then I went to the Melbourne gardens a couple of weekends ago so my macro garden Thursdays are all set for ages! Oh purple is your colour? Marvelous!

2. Absolutely stunning ๐Ÿ’œ The details are amazing ๐Ÿ’œ

3. Heyjude says:

What stunning detail and colour. I love purple ๐Ÿ™‚
    You get excellent results from your lens, I find it tricky to focus – any tips?

Thank you! I used to have trouble with focus as well. I ended up writing a “5 tips for macro” post once I figured out. You have to really understand how close your lens can come with. Mine can’t get closer than 20cm or it just won’t focus. Once you get used to that, I think it’s all about the angle. I try to be as parallel to the subject as I can be. If I’m slightly above or below then the focus goes. I hope that helps. I can link the tips post if you want?

1. Heyjude says:

I have found it easier to focus if there are no other distractions around the subject. And I’ll try taking it off auto settings. It’s very much a learning process ๐Ÿ™‚
        It does stop me taking hundreds of photos though, which is probably a good thing!

Yes it really is a learning process. If you switch to aperture mode and set it to around F/8 you might find it easier to start here.

1. Heyjude says:

I shall give it a go – thank you again ๐Ÿ™‚

4. loisajay says:

This is beautiful, Desley. So many tiny clusters of the most wonderful color.

Thank you Lois. I was quite taken with the colour!

5. Lignum Draco says:

Lovely shot. I have the same lens but I don’t seem to do much macro work anymore.

Oh you have Oly as well? Fabulous. I’m addicted to macro.

6. Su Leslie says:

This is utterly gorgeous ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks so much Su. Sorry I somehow missed this comment.

7. pommepal says:

That is a blue ginger flower DJ they have been flowering in my patch for ages, just fading now. It did get a lot of bees visiting it too. I love the rich colour.

Oh fabulous. Thank you. I was sure you would know ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

1. pommepal says:

Pleased to help!!!

8. It’s a gorgeous flower. Love the colors and composition. Any idea on its name?

@Pommepal identified it for me – a blue ginger flower. It was gorgeous.

9. dunelight says:

Our bees are gone. I walked through a landscape of orchards and wildflowers dripping with bees. I LOVED it. They are gone now. For a couple of years I saw bumble bees, this summer, not so much.
    Interesting plant.

I see a few bees every now and again but you’re right, not as many as I used to.