My Week on Instagram

Hmmnnnnn, interesting. Instagram really shows what’s going on in my day-to-day.

It was a cold weekend of catching up with friends, and a really cold week of desperate early morning coffees, dinner with colleagues and rain, lots of rain!

Porridge is the Ultimate Winter Warmer
My Sentiments Exactly
Beetroot Salad – A.Mazing
It Like Rain, On Your Alfa Romeo
Late Night Editing Fun
This last image is a black and white one that I posted on Sunday and then edited with Pixlr, an iPhone app. I was intrigued with the effect of dividing and replicating the image with colour.

How was your week?

1. I hope this becomes a regular series. I’m fearful of going anywhere near Instagram, and although I’ve followed you on it, I’d much rather meet your instagramming this way. Love your captioning of the raindrops and the food looks great, especially the porridge. I’ll have to pick your brain again. I’m probably coming to Melbourne for a week with a grind of 65 years next May, so let me know any must dos for those 70+ That you stumble across!!

That spiral staircase keeps giving.

Thanks Meg, I think it will. I don’t post super regularly on IG, it depends on what I’ve been up to. But I do enjoy it there. I will find you. Very happy to have my brain picked, as long as it holds up for you 😊One thing you should do in Melbourne is catch up with me!!

1. Catching up with you will go on the list! I’m honoured by the invitation.

Fantastic! I’m looking forward to it. 😊

2. Joanne says:

Love that last edit and if you ever get the recipe on that beetroot salad – please share!πŸ˜„

Thanks Joanne. Oh my, it was such a good salad. I’ve had it twice now. The green is parsley tahini and there’s almonds. OMG what’s not to love 😍😍

1. Joanne says:

Almonds, that magic ingredient, sounds absolutely divine Desley – please have a salad for me!πŸ™ƒ

Will do. Undoubtedly. 😊😊

3. That of course s meant to be “a friend”.

4. pommepal says:

Interesting week DJ. Hope the rain has stopped by now. We are revelling in 26deg, it is like summer again without the humidity. Love that Pixlr effect

It’s raining off and on every day now, just the occasional drizzle. No too bad, but difficult to get laundry dry! Wow 26 sounds fabulous.

5. You mentioned cold and rain and I went…oh yeah, it’s winter there! Great photos! I have a rain drop and bubble photo I will have to put on instagram or something πŸ™‚

Yes, it really is Winter! I’ve never lived somewhere with true seasons before and I’m quite enjoying it. Oh yes, post the image Terri 😊😊