Macro Garden Series – 15

This is my last post in my macro garden series from my trip with Julie to the Wilson Botanic Park. This flower was growing in the carpark and I was struck by its shape, its sharp edges.

Shot with my Olympus OMD EM5 with my 60mm (120mm equivalent) macro lens.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my series, I loved sharing them with you. I’m actually continuing it next week with an excursion I did a little while ago to the Royal Melbourne Botanical Gardens. I think the photos from that excursion have such a different feel to this first group. I’m looking forward to finding out what you think.

1. Heyjude says:

Eryngium, or blue sea holly, they are quite stunning aren’t they? Good in a vase too 🙂
    I have my camera back now so hope to get out with the macro lens and start photographing some close-ups again!

Such a fancy name for a plant in a car park lol. Glad to hear you got the Oly back. Hope it’s all sorted for you. I want to do some macro soon too!

2. loisajay says:

Blue sea holly…such a pretty name for such a dangerous looking plant! I love this series, Desley, and so looking forward to the new snaps.

Thanks Lois, I appreciate that. It’s such a spiky plant, isn’t it!!?

3. Colors. Definitely colors for me on this one.

It’s an amazing colour, isn’t it?!

4. Wonderful, as your shots always are Desleyjane! I just launched a weekly macro challenge https://musinwithsusan.com/2016/06/22/macro-moments-week-1 . I would love to have you and some of your followers participate!

Thanks Susan, I’d love to join in!

5. Awesome shots (as usual)!

Thanks so much Terri.

6. I saw this first on my iPhone and thought it was spectacular, and then waited to see it on my iPad because I knew it would be even more spectacular. And it is. The design of the flower, that vivid blue, and the detail of the centre are pure delight. I’m looking forward to the botanical garden series. I’ve been playing around with your advice about glass cases and I’m making progress. Thank you.

Oh I’m happy to hear that your experimenting Meg. Looking forward to seeing the results. Thank you, it’s such an amazing flower. Sea holly, they tell me 😊