iPhriday – Side View Mirror

I’m cheating this week for iPhriday and sharing a photo that I’ve already shared on Instagram. It’s a shot from my iPhone while sitting in traffic this week. I love the clouds and the graffiti of the bird on the building in front. But what attracted me to taking the shot was the lines in the side view mirror.

Jump in and share your snaps from your phone with Lisa from GrayDaysandCoffee. We can often capture shots with our phones that we just wouldn’t have time to get with our “real” cameras.

I edited this photo using the iOS Photos app and the Camera+ app for clarity.

I am supposed to be out at a night shoot in the city but it was cancelled due to bad weather. It’s currently 5 degrees Celsius and it snowed in the hills today! So unusual for Australia. You can see a photo of a snow covered emu here.

Happy Friday everyone!

1. Cheating or not, it still looks awesome.

Thanks Max 😊

2. Heyjude says:

Lovely lines and such a clean and shiny car too! Nice and sharp. Off to take a look at your snowy emu now 🙂

3. Not cheating! (I say this because I’m a photo recycler too and I don’t want to feel guilty!!) This photo rocks. The composition is perfect, and I like your level of black saturation and contrast.

Thanks so much. You make me feel better 😊 I love editing photos on my phone, especially sitting on the tram. It’s my new “sitting on the plane” lol.

1. I don’t have any editing apps on my phone. You make me want to look into that.

Camera+ is fabulous for clarity. It’s all I use it for. And I use Pixlr if I want to get cray cray on the creative stuff. Adding layers or colors or text.

4. RuthsArc says:

Love this photo. You are encouraging me to experiment more with B&W.

Thanks Ruth! Looking forward to seeing your b&w.

5. dunelight says:

I LOVE these rearview shots…where we’ve been in life…where we’re going. This looks like you’ve been through a storm.

Thanks, me too. They can be a lot of fun. The storm was just brewing behind me.

6. rubyr8 says:

Opposites attract, can’t say more than that to express the coolness of the shot 😀