Melbourne Streets 17

I found these flowers on our walk through Albert Park in South Melbourne. I had my 45mm lens on (90mm equivalent). This is a gorgeous portrait lens, and I’ve been trying to use it more in every day photography. You can’t get very close, it’s no good for macro, but it can produce beautiful booked and lovely creaminess with the right light.

IGers Melbourne April InstaMeet.

1. Pink delicacy, and lovely light.

Thank you, my favorite colour of course!

2. Not only do you have a lovely lens, the picture of the subject is lovely as well. Of course, nothing beats the skills of a good photographer like yourself, my dear Jane. Great shot for sore eyes.

Thanks so much Omar. I am so pleased you like it.

3. Heyjude says:

lovely backlight too. I also have this lens and love it, but at the moment I am using the macro lens – that’s quite challenging for landscapes!

Thank you! Yes! The macro is very tricky for landscapes. I’ve done that before, carry a single lens, it’s quite good for teaching you the limitations of the lens but also gives you a different way of viewing the world 😊

4. brittabottle says:

Is that a spider web surrounding the flower in the first picture? Absolutely stunning detail, Desley.

Well spotted Britta! Thank you so much 😊

5. Lignum Draco says:

Beautiful. The web is a nice detail.

6. Paula says:

A flower portrait 🙂 It is delicate and luxurious. Simply beautiful!

Oh any it so pretty?! I loved finding this one.