Macro Garden Series – 21

I can tell you right now that my Dad would be horrified that these were planted in the botanical gardens. Lantana is a nasty weed on sugar cane farms. I still love the delicate little flower heads and the wonderful colours.

Shot at the Royal Melbourne Botanical Gardens.

Olympus OMD EM5, 60m macro.

PS – has anyone seen the movie Lantana??

1. Saw the movie – I’m a fan of LaPaglia. I planted lantana In my Broken Hill garden – or at least had it planted. It’s probably a good metaphor for the tangled torturous relationships in the movie. It’s such a pity that the attractive flowers are attached to a pest! Your photos capture their prettiness.

Now I have not seen the film but I do like Mr LaPaglia as well. Thanks Meg, I hope you’re doing well, I’ve been a little absent lately.

2. RuthsArc says:

Some weeds are very pretty.

3. loisajay says:

We have lantana here in sunny Florida. They sell it at nurseries because it is heat tolerant and down here, we need all the heat tolerant plants we can find. I say this as it is almost a monsoon outside and there is no way I am going to my car to drive to work in this horrid weather!

Oh no! I hope you’re staying dry Lois!

1. loisajay says:

We all walked into work late….!

4. Loved that movie. Tried to grow lantana on the Mornington Peninsula with little success but it does make me giggle to see it choking the roadsides in NSW & Qld.

I must watch it one day. Have been off sick and tried to find it on Netflix and foxtel but no luck. Not even iTunes! Yes it’s quite a diabolical little plant but I’ve always loved it. Even when it was in the cane paddocks. Don’t tell my dad! 😉😉