I’m Feeling Exposed

You know me, I love a good over-exposed shot. I love the blown out highlights, with just the right amount of contrast and clarity brought back in to make for an interesting (I hope) shot.

First, this shot of some costume jewellery.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Love is all around you

And, I have a soft spot for this shot. I love the muted colours that seem to pop a little against that blow out pure white background.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Flowers in white, on white.
Perhaps a little too blown out this one, but there’s something about it that I really like. It would make a good background for text or on a screen.

1. I so love the jewellery…….you make junk jewellery look a million bucks! xo

Hahaha! Thanks love!

2. I love the effect of over-exposing the photo…

Thanks so much. Me too. Some people will say it’s too far but it makes me happy.

1. That’s always the artist’s call and you know how the song goes: “If it makes you happy….” πŸ˜€

Very true!! Thanks that makes me smile.

3. Su Leslie says:

These are wonderful. I also love the over-exposed effect.

Thank you Su! That’s so good to hear! Sometimes I think it’s just me 😊😊

1. Su Leslie says:

πŸ™‚ I think it’s an aesthetic that appeals to lots of people.

4. restlessjo says:

I love the second one. It would make rather nice wallpaper πŸ™‚

5. loisajay says:

These really are beautiful, Desley. The costume jewelry photo….oh, yes!

Thanks Lois 😊😊

6. No trade secrets this time? I love both these delicate shots and I’d like to play around a bit if only I knew how. It would challenge my Scorpio tendencies to the lurid. (By the way I saw a scorpion today that grows to 22cm!!!!)

Wow 22cm! Eek! Thank you. Overexposure was done mostly in Lightroom. Just increase exposure and whites then deepen the blacks and shadows and contrast.