Deconstructed Flower – 6

Julie and I have been at it again. This time, she came to my place and we filled my apartment with photography experiments. One of the many things she brought with her was this purple rose! It had been dyed purple. It seemed perfect for a deconstruction πŸ™‚

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And then the deconstruction. The petals were gorgeous. We spritzed them with some water for a bit of life.

And finally, the intricate folds inside the base of the flower.

It’s such an intriguing sight inside the flower, I was fascinated, I took so many shots. These are taken with my macro lens (of course!) and inside my pop up photo studio, with the white background.

I hope you are all doing well. I’ve been very absent lately, very busy, a lot of travel, and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon. I have a few more posts up my sleeve from our Sunday shoot – I’m hoping to write some of those up shortly.

1. Amazing!!!!!!!!! You managed to get them more purple than mine, I still kept getting a blue tinge??????? But the are beautiful shots Desley; honestly you and that macro lens, a match made in heaven

Sorry hun, I missed these comments amongst all my travels. Thank you, lovely comment. Yeah, the purple stayed pretty purple for me it seems….

2. You’re pink. I’m purple. So I doubly relish this post. The swirls in that last series are stunning, as is the detailed venation.. I’ve missed your presence. I hope the travelling’s been fun.

Thank you Meg – I”m glad purple suits you! And I’m sorry for the delay, I feel awful. The travelling didn’t slow down unfortunately but I’m home in Mackay with family now for a couple of weeks. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.

1. Season’s greetings to you too. Enjoy your family, and I’ll meet you in the blogosphere in 2017 – and maybe in Melbourne .

3. Lovely shots, Desley! And it’s amazing how much the water droplets add. You’re having such fun πŸ™‚

Sorry for taking so long Stacy – thank you! I hope you’re well and having a very happy holiday season.

4. Robyn G says:

Such fun experiments – the colours are stunning as are your beautiful shots of this flower.
    Love the last image of the rose before deconstruction.. and after – just so interesting!

Hi again, thank you! And sorry again for the delay. I have really missed deconstructing more flowers! I hope to get back to it soon!

1. Robyn G says:

Speaking of delays… lol No problems at all… we answer when we can πŸ˜€
        Happy New Year Desley!!

These are great Desley, the layers inside the rose are amazing and you’ve captured them brilliantly. Love the colours too. Hope all is well with you and Gidget.

Hey Deb, sorry for missing this comment, I seem to have missed a whole bunch. Thanks so much! x

6. Wow wow wow. You never stop to amaze me. These are absolutely gorgeous., Perfect execution. You are and remain the Empress and Queen of macro.

Aw thank you so much hun, you always make me feel good πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•

1. What a shame to take so long to reply to comments. I’m ashamed! I should make you feel good more often instead of taking that long to reply!

7. badfish says:

lovely…yeah…busy here too!! but love the rose

Here’s another one! Thanks again, I’m such a slacker!