Mums, Gerberas and Baby’s Breath

A life update is required, it’s been so long and so much has happened, but today instead I want to share with you some macro magic with flowers because I’ve missed doing this so much.

I put together this bouquet for the new years holidays, it’s pink and pretty and I wanted some flowers to photograph.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Pink and Pretty Bouquet

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
a pencil for scale
And of course Miss Gidget was with me the whole time, even if she wasn’t very amused at being ignored in favour of flowers again!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Grumpy GG

PS here is an iPhone shot of the complete bouquet. I thought it was pretty cute.

1. Denzil says:

Such delightful photos! Gorgeous!

Thank you so much.

2. Love the flowers in all their manifestations. Especially since today is forecast to hit -17ยฐ! I’m particularly in awe of the matching base for the complete bouquet, which is indeed a beauty. I’m glad you showed us the wood as well as the trees.

Wow -17! It’s 37 here! Shocker. Oh yes that table doily thing. It’s brilliant isn’t it? I got it at a linen party years ago. I haven’t ever been able to find anything else like it. It adds a wonderful pop of colour (handily pink) to my room.

3. Su Leslie says:

These are gorgeous shots; a great colour palette, and beautiful composition.

Thanks so much Su.

4. andy says:

Brilliant shots, Desley !!
    And i like that iphone shot one bery much ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks Andy. Yah I’m glad I included that one to show the full bouquet. I just picked up some new flowers yesterday. Must be time to shoot again lol.

5. Heyjude says:

Ahhhh, I have SO missed your floral offerings DJ. Love the first image, so beautiful. And I must ask you, though I am sure you must have said somewhere before, what breed is Miss G? She is such a sweetie.

Ah thanks so much Jude. That’s so lovely to hear. GG is a Maltese x Lhasa Apso. I know I’m biased but she really is the sweetest little chicky. I love her so much.

6. RuthsArc says:

Love the photos.

7. Hi DJ, yes it has been a while! Gorgeous photos! Hope you are doing well!

Thanks so much Terri. Yes doing well, keeping busy, having fun. You too, I hope?!

8. restlessjo says:

I hope things are ok with you? Life can be a roller coaster but it’s great if you can make time for a few flowers. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Jo, yes things are pretty good. I’m posting a life update today. There’s just a lot to do and some dental issues to deal with ugh. All good there as well?

1. restlessjo says: