Koalas at Kennet River

Just like last time we went to Lorne, we again went to Kennet River to see if we could spot some koalas in the wild. And we did! This time, my visitor was from the US and he was suitably impressed with these cute little guys.

1. prageeth83 says:

He is staring at you ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes! I wonder what he’s thinking. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿจ๐Ÿ‘น

2. Victoria is the best place for koala spotting. We camped at Mt Eccles and there was one rambling around inspecting our campsite. The first time I heard one, I thought it was a rheumy old man in the next tent. You’ve got some great shots.

LOL did you approach the rheumy old man next door? Thanks Meg.

1. No, but I spent the night feeling sorry for him!

3. restlessjo says:

Aren’t they adorable looking? Silly me! When you mentioned Lorne the other day I confused it with the one in Northern Ireland! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

LOL oops. I didn’t know there was one in Northern Ireland. Will have to look it up!

4. Always so cute, it’s such a shame they are actually eating themselves out of existence ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

1. yes that’s why they are so easy to spot down there, too many especially in the Otway Nat Park, it’s so sad ๐Ÿ˜ฆ the silver lining is you can get close enough to touch them

So you mean they’re running out of food!?! ๐Ÿ˜•โ˜น๏ธโ˜น๏ธ
          If only they are cupcakes! We could help them out ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. if only ………..you’d think after all that eucalyptus oil, they’d have the munchies ๐Ÿ˜›

Hahahaha. ๐Ÿ˜‚

5. Heyjude says:

My favourite part of being in Australia has been spotting the wildlife in the wild. Kangaroos, wallabies, koalas. Such a treat! And you’d better get planting more eucalypts by the sound of it!

And they’re all so cute too! Thanks Jude.

6. RuthsArc says:

Kennett River is where I saw koalas in the wild for the first time. Such a special moment. Up in the trees then just strolling across the road. They are such iconic creatures ๐Ÿ™‚

They are, aren’t they?! So different to anything else. And so sleepy.