Five Minutes @ Doughnut Time – RegularRandom

Sorry I missed RegularRandom last week! I have been working away at a new project and it completely slipped my mind!

So a quick summary of what it’s all about:

• choose an object or scene
  • spend just 5 minutes shooting it, trying to be creative with angles and light and composition
  • post your photos with the tag regularrandom
  • pingback to this post so that we can see your results!

Yesterday, Julie and I had lunch in Fitzroy and then went for a wander to photograph some of the graffiti in the area. We had the idea to use this intersection, with the coveted Doughnut Time on a busy Saturday afternoon. It will be fun to see Julie’s take on the same intersection. I decided to use some of the Art settings on my Olympus camera. I particularly like the ominous cloud.

Note that no doughnuts were eaten during or after or before this shoot. More’s the pity.

I’d love for you to join in!

1. cool shots………..dumn, no donuts how DID THAT HAPPEN? lol I’m still trying to get to my pics……..soon.

Oh dear, LR issues still??! Right, we were in too much of a hurry to get to the flicks!

1. LR is almost sorted now………marriage still intact lol!!!!

2. Su Leslie says:

What can I say? Looks like you had fun and took some really great shots. I love the editing too.

Thanks Su! It was a really good day.

3. Heyjude says:

Great fun and I love the last image – fabulous art effect.

Thanks so much Jude! 😊😊

4. I love the results of your five minutes at a busy place: if I remember correctly, that’s how you launched regularrandom. I must try it when I’m in a busy place. Melbourne maybe??? i don’t expect to achieve your level of candid composition.

(I’m a bit intrigued: the title of this post comes up as “five minutes with sunrise”!)

Thanks Meg! I can’t reply to your individual photo comments on my phone so I’ll come back to those later. LOL yes I noticed the link title later. I was originally going to post a sunrise but changed my mind and forgot the change the link title! And yes, my first regularrandom was an intersection. It’s a great idea because it can change so much. Yes Melbourne! That would work well! I must reply to your email.

5. Robyn G says:

Enjoyed this post.. and Julie’s post immensely!
    Love the different settings you used too 🙂

6. badfish says:

I think I know that shop…it used to be a bar, right?

uummmmm, I don’t know anything about that 😉

1. badfish says:

but it does look like it was a bar, eh?

Yes that’s true!