Wanderlust

Well this week’s Weekly Photo Challenge seems made for me. I am, after all, a frequent flying scientist.

We are asked to share a photo that represents travel and wanderlust.

There are two things that I do on planes – one is write and the other is take photos of the clouds. There is something just so serene and calming about being above the clouds. It seems weird to feel calm when you’re hurtling through the air at  great speed, but there it is.

The mind is an amazing thing.

And finally, this is a very old photo but one that I love – actually it is my wallpaper on my phone. Sometimes it’s all about being in just the right place at the right time.

1. saralakron says:

I too enjoy taking photos from the plane even though they rarely turn out well. Happy travels!

Thanks so much. Happy travels to you too!

2. susurrus says:

Lovely. You’re right – this one is right up your street… or should I say flight path?

Hahaha exactly. Thanks Susan.

3. No. It doesn’t tempt me. Maybe because I’m already committed to two wanderings in the near future. One of the few bad things I’ve encountered in old age is the need for an aisle seat for flying comfort! Thanks for showing me what I’m missing.

My pleasure. To be perfectly honest, I’m getting a bit tired of the traveling. It’s been 12 years!

4. Su Leslie says:

Lovely photos; particularly the second. That is one of those “Yess!” captures. I was going to ask if you still enjoying travelling. The Big T has been semi-commuting to Melbourne from Auckland for about 15 years, interspersed with lots of work trips to Asia, the US and Europe. I know he is so over it!

Thank you lovely. Yes am a bit over it. It’s been such a long time. It all seems a bit much. But I never would have got that shot without it!

1. Su Leslie says:

True! Maybe I should encourage T to use his camera more when he’s travelling!

Yes! That’s what made it bearable for me 😊

5. restlessjo says:

Something I love too 🙂

6. Love this, Desley, great captures…the hope of travel!

7. You and me both lately Hun, but mine is more driving 🙂 lol