Regular Random – Five Minutes with Orange Tulips

Hello and welcome to RegularRandom – sorry for my absence. I was busy finishing one job and starting another one. It’s a total career transition and huge, but it’s been a lot of fun.

If you would like to join in, here’s how:

• choose an object or scene
  • spend just 5 minutes shooting it, trying to be creative with angles and light and composition
  • post your photos with the tag regularrandom
  • pingback to this post so that we can see your results!

This week, I chose orange tulips. I am, apparently, obsessed with them, so I spent some time (actually I just checked, it was a little over 2 minutes this time!) and my 60mm macro lens on my Olympus OMD EM5.

I hope you enjoy! Which one is your favourite?

We’d love to see you join in the fun!

1. Su Leslie says:

Gorgeous shots. And a new career too. All the best for your new direction.

Thanks so much Su! I’m very much looking forward to it.

I LOVE these orange tulips, your shots are gorgeous.

I was shocked to find them and then super happy when they started opening up!!!!

3. It’s hard to pick a favourite from this lot. They are all differently beautiful. The first one looks like a boiled lolly that Darrell Lea used to make, so it carries the delight of childhood. But I think I’ll settle for the simplicity of the second last one.

I’m glad this challenge is back. My snakeskins have been waiting. I hope the new job is giving you huge pleasure.

Thanks Meg. I just read your fantastic post. Love those snake skins. Thanks you, I quite like that second last one as well. 😊

Thank you so much Khürt!

4. oh those colours, so fresh, love them on the white. It’s my turn to be absent, I will try to post something soon 🙂

Thanks hun, I loved this little shoot. It was such a pretty bunch. You’ll get to it when you can, take you’re time, we will be here.

5. Heyjude says:

Good luck with the new job. I hope we’ll hear more about it once you are settled. And you know how much I love tulips ❤ so I have enjoyed looking at these.
    Jude xx

Thanks so much Jude. It’s such rewarding (and exhausting) work so far. Thank you, I’m so glad you liked the photos. X