Five Minutes @ Degraves Street – RegularRandom

Welcome again to another RegularRandom where we:

• choose a subject or a scene
  • spend five minutes photographing it – no more!
  • try to see it from many angles, look through something at it, change the light that’s hitting it
  • have fun!
  • tag your post #regularrandom and ping back to this post

Last week, I met a friend for lunch and some shopping. While I was waiting for her, I decided to shoot the little intersection. This is Degraves Street in the Melbourne CBD. It runs between Flinders Lane and Flinders Street and it is a pedestrian thoroughfare, choc full of little cafes and shops. It’s also choc full of people, all sorts of people, having all sorts of fun, and good food!

I almost always choose a flower, or a cake or some stationery, so it was nice to share a busy little part of Melbourne with you today.

I hope you can join us!

1. RuthsArc says:

Fabulous pics. Good to see “random” go outdoors 🙂

Thanks Ruth 😁😁

2. I can honestly say, that I have now been there, lived in Melbourne my whole life, but until earlier this year, I had never been (well that I am aware of), somehow I think I would have remembered this place

You haven’t been? Is that what you’re saying? Yeah, it’s a cool place, just near DJs. Great cafes! Always packed with people.

1. No, I meant I went this year for the first time, very interesting and jammed packed with people

3. You make it look exotic, somwewhere far from mere Melbourne! Black and white is great, with just one bit of colour.

Thanks Meg. It was a fun five minutes (maybe 7😊). Exotic! Yes I like the look of black and white in city shots. Thanks so much.

4. Victo Dolore says:

That turned out beautifully!

Thanks so much hun. Hope you’re well!

5. Heyjude says:

This is a delightful photo shoot of your city. So busy! Love the bicycles. And B&W certainly does suit city scenes, but I also enjoyed the pop of colour.

6. Gina says:

Love the black and white.

7. Su Leslie says:

Great shots. And a fab choice for RegRandom. I loved Degraves Street, and am feeling well overdue a trip to Melbourne.

8. restlessjo says:

The black and white seems to me to take it back in time. I like it! 🙂 🙂

Thanks Jo! The pictures aren’t anything special in colour, but I think they just pop in black and white!

9. A great capture of the essence of Degraves St.

10. mickscogs says:

I have walked up and down Degraves St all my life. It has changed a lot in those 59 years. My mother used to take me up there on the way to Myers from the station prior to starting school. I actually remember this. Great pics.

How wonderful to have such a lovely memory with your mum. It’s such a vibrant little part of this beautiful city. Thanks for visiting it with me.