Five Minutes with a Yellow Pansy #RegularRandom

Welcome back to another #RegularRandom where we:

• choose a subject or a scene
  • spend five minutes photographing it – no more!
  • try to not interfere with the subject, instead see it from many angles, look through something at it, change the light that’s hitting it
  • have fun!
  • tag your post #regularrandom and ping back to this post

This week, I’m featuring a little yellow pansy that has appeared almost out of nowhere. When I moved into my apartment almost 2 years ago, my friend gave me a cyclamen which I potted and happily took care of for over a year. We had a particularly windy day a few months ago and I was worried about my gazebo cover flying away, so I took it down. Since then, the dear cyclamen has perished, leaving dry leaves carpeting the top of the pot.

But then, up popped this little yellow pansy, so I gave it the #RegularRandom treatment.

And just to show you the entire pot and also the original cyclamen that was in there:

Happy RegularRandoming.

1. Britta says:

How delightfu, beautiful, Desley! New growth from decay can come at the most unexpected moments.

2. RuthsArc says:

What a beautiful and tenacious little thing.

Thanks Ruth. Isn’t it? It has three more buds today!

3. A pretty fair substitute, and you show off her every aspect. I’ve always thought pansies were cranky flowers, but this one looks demure and friendly. Alpacas on he way from me!

Oh really? Cranky? Well that suits me sometimes lol. Looking forward to alpacas!!

4. restlessjo says:

We have a cyclamen in just that shade, currently thriving on the windowsill, with a snow white companion. 🙂 🙂

Sounds lovely. I might have to get another one. It was pretty resilient until the windy days.

5. Heyjude says:

I wonder how it got there? Dropped by an overflying bird maybe? I must go and buy some winter pansies soon to brighten up my courtyard for in the winter. I think they are very cheerful flowers, not in the least cranky!! 😀

Yeah. I wonder if it’s from the potting mix. I topped it up a few months ago.

1. Heyjude says: