Time Well Spent

This is a slightly different post for me. I don’t usually share these types of photos but I wanted to show you what I’ve been up to lately. As most of you know, I’ve been away for two weeks. I spent the first week in Lorne (which I’ve mentioned previously) and the second in Melbourne. It was full of very long days but was really a great time. The conference and our time in Melbourne were both very successful. On top of that, I got to spend two weeks with a dear friend, rediscovering the beautiful city of Melbourne and her surrounds. I thought I would share with you some of the photos from the trip – all of these were taken on my iPhone6.

I’m not going to make it to a February post for Cardinal’s Changing Seasons challenge since I was away for most of February, so I thought the next best thing might be to show you where I spent a lot of this month.

First up, the photos from Lorne:

And now, some pics from Melbourne:

This trip was amazing. We worked hard, but we also played hard. It made me realise that I might want to live my “usual” life a little differently. I haven’t quite figured out how yet, but I am going to enjoy myself on the way.

Cheers to you and cheers to us – thank you for joining me on this path, I appreciate each of you more than you know, and I can’t wait to see where we all go next.

1. Andy Townend says:

ok, awesome, just brought a huge smile to my face, and today that is a miracle, yes we should all live our life, as if today was our last day, and enjoy the path with those we meet along the way, a bonza post….

Ohhhhh, thanks Andy, I’m feeling a little blue, missing my friend, your comment helps. Especially the bonza bit. Beauty mate!

1. Andy Townend says:

You are more than welcome, mate. Will you and your friend have more times, any time soon?

Yes, thankfully! Am visiting Cambridge in 7 weeks time!!

1. Andy Townend says:

Oh wow, she works there? I think I’ve been missing the back story…so…he thinks…if you are in Cambridge, the idea of a European Photo Rehab dinner may not seem quite so insanely difficult to organise?

Oh yes please!! That would be fab fab!!

2. Andy Townend says:

Sounds like a plan in the making 😉

3. Seems you had a really great time! Lovely pictures… And they make me want to go to the sea 🙂

Thanks, yes it was fabulous.

4. What a fabulously full and fun fortnight you had! Wonderful photos of your precious memories…it’s been way too long since I’ve been to Melbourne – your post has inspired me to revisit it soon. Thanks for sharing 🙂

5. pommepal says:

Love how you live your life DJ you seem to have it all together so will be interesting to see how you are going to live it a little differently!!! That Iphone6 takes great photos…

Cheers PP, we’ll see what happens! I appreciate your kind words. And yes, I do love my iPhone 😃

6. Mara Eastern says:

WOW! What a gorgeous post! The photos are lovely, it looks like you all had a beautiful time in a beautiful environment. When you decide you’re fed up with your career, please let me know, I’d love to substitute you 😉

Thank you, it was gorgeous… I will keep you posted 😉

7. Sam Rappaz says:

First of all, sorry for taking so long to come by here. Secondly, WELCOME BACK!
    I’m glad to hear that you had a good time and the photos are brilliant, iPhone or no iPhone your skills are awe-inspiring 🙂
    PS: Happy to be part of your journey 🙂

Oh thank you Sam love! I appreciate that. Hugs to you.

8. tildy1 says:

Great photos! They are all so warm. Time spent with friends is the best! Looks like you did have a great time! Thanks for sharing these pictures.

My pleasure! Yes, it’s the best…

9. I loved it and I think it’s an awesome entry for “the changing seasons”. I wish that I could travel that much too!

Oh thanks so much Cardinal. It was such a good travel-for-work experience.