Curves and Edges

Curves and Edges
Curves and Edges

I have walked through Brisbane Airport more than 100 times. On a return fight from Sydney recently, on a Friday night after 9pm, I noticed this structure on the rail station, which is one floor up from the main walkway between the terminal and the carpark. I’m sure I must have seen it before, but this was the first time I really took notice of it.

I love the curves and edges (sounds like a John Legend song, LOL) in this structure and I thought that it would make a nice photo for Lucile’s Photo101 Rehab Clinic. I took the photo with my Olympus OMD EM5 camera, with the 17mm lens (35mm equivalent). It was quite dark, so I used a wide aperture (f4.0) and a very slow shutter speed (0.4s) at ISO200. I was shooting handheld, so have learnt to control my breathing while taking the photo to keep it as sharp as I can.

Ooooh!! I just realised that there is a slight selfie happening in this photo – can you spot it?! LOL.

1. Such an AMAZING capture. And is the selfie an arm on the lower left had side of the picture? I had to look long and hard and that is the only think (I think) I found.

Thanks Lisa!!! It stopped me in my tracks when I looked up and saw it.
      My head and the top of my camera are visible at the bottom left of the shot.

2. Norah says:

I wouldn’t have spotted the selfie if you hadn’t mentioned it! ‘Twas a bit like a ‘Where’s Wally’ challenge to find it but I knew it had to be in the glass somewhere! Ended up like a ‘Kilroy was here’ – eyes peeking up.
    I have been to the airport too, but never caught the train so haven’t noticed these curves. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Thanks Norah. I’ve never caught the train either but I have to walk past this structure every time I go to the carpark so it’s really weird that I’ve not noticed it before. LOL.

1. Norah says:

Oh. I’ll have to look for it next time I’m at the airport too. Open my eyes and see my surroundings. 🙂

3. Okay, now I can make out your head and your camera in the corner! Actually, it adds to the shot! Kind of cool.

LOL thanks Lisa. I’m going to go back and look at the original shots and see if they all have me in them!!

4. Marigold says:

Got it! It’s funny the things you walk past and never notice. I’ve gone through that airport heaps of times too, but I don’t recognise that structure! I do recognise the carpark at the back though… sigh…

LOL, yes… sigh…

5. I love the Brissie airport! During my short stint in AU, I was based out of an apartment in Clayfield and I took the train to the airport many times. Every time I flew it was sunny and the airport always seemed breezy and open with all the curves and glass. That was a long time ago but this picture brough back those memories.

Oh cool! Yes it’s a nice one. I didn’t know you spent that much time here!

1. The first time, I was in and out of the airport a few times. The second time, I did four trips plus my departure back to Canada. I was crying but still enjoyed the airport. 😀

6. that is a real eye trip when you scroll down the page when looking at this photo, relaly well done x

Thanks Jussie. I love this one. X